Backhoe Can you help me with questions about Woods BH9000 backhoe frame for Kubota L3710?

/ Can you help me with questions about Woods BH9000 backhoe frame for Kubota L3710? #1  

Gasifier

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 310J, Kubota L4310
Good day to you all. I recently purchased a Kubota L3710 HST. And am thinking of buying a used, in good shape, Woods BH9000 backhoe.

The backhoe is advertised as coming off a Kubota L4310. It has a frame mount with the number 1001199 on the plate. It is a self contained unit with its own PTO pump.

The only difference is that the L4310 tractor it came off of is a cab tractor. My L3710 is not. Just open rops.

Does anyone know if this frame backhoe will definitely work on my L3710?

I believe this frame will fit all the Grand L10 series tractors. But am not positive, and am trying to be sure. And I don’t know if there is a difference in the frame for a cab tractor and rops tractor on these older units.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Attachments

• IMG_5196.png
    IMG_5196.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5197.jpeg
    IMG_5197.jpeg
    328.5 KB · Views: 32
   / Can you help me with questions about Woods BH9000 backhoe frame for Kubota L3710? #2  
I would assume some sort of adjustment or modifications may be required. How handy are you and how well equipped is your shop?

/ Can you help me with questions about Woods BH9000 backhoe frame for Kubota L3710?
I’m fairly handy. But my shop is not very well equipped. And, unfortunately, I am not a welder. I do have a place, not far away, that can do that. There is even a guy around who travels and welds.

Why do you think adjustment/modifications would be involved? Just curious.

/ Can you help me with questions about Woods BH9000 backhoe frame for Kubota L3710? #4  
I'm going to guess that it will fit. The frames and mounting points should be the same on both tractors. (Note that this is a "guess".)

Do you know if the package includes ALL the parts? It's not unusual to get a subframe that doesn't include the mounting bracket(s) that bolt to the tractor. Understandably, those often get separated. There's likely a bracket that bolts to the loader mounting frame or tractor frame at the middle of the tractor. Usually a long pin goes through that bracket and the removable part of the subframe to install the backhoe.

If the subframe fits your tractor and it's reasonable, you should jump on it. They're hard to find. You're also in a good bargaining position because the subframe won't fit most tractors. But you should verify if it includes everything you need to mount it, since the brackets that bolt to the tractor often stay with the tractor. Not that you still won't want to buy it -- just so you're not surprised later.

/ Can you help me with questions about Woods BH9000 backhoe frame for Kubota L3710?
I'm going to guess that it will fit. The frames and mounting points should be the same on both tractors. (Note that this is a "guess".)

Do you know if the package includes ALL the parts? It's not unusual to get a subframe that doesn't include the mounting bracket(s) that bolt to the tractor. Understandably, those often get separated. There's likely a bracket that bolts to the loader mounting frame or tractor frame at the middle of the tractor. Usually a long pin goes through that bracket and the removable part of the subframe to install the backhoe.

If the subframe fits your tractor and it's reasonable, you should jump on it. They're hard to find. You're also in a good bargaining position because the subframe won't fit most tractors. But you should verify if it includes everything you need to mount it, since the brackets that bolt to the tractor often stay with the tractor. Not that you still won't want to buy it -- just so you're not surprised later.
I did ask him if he has all the mounting brackets and hardware that mounted it to the L4310 with it. And he said yes.

If I buy it, it’s going to be a haul to go get it. But round trip can be done in 11 hours with 1 hour for load time. Long drive, but good price and has been used little and stored inside.

/ Can you help me with questions about Woods BH9000 backhoe frame for Kubota L3710? #6  
The L3710 and L4310 are basically the same tractor. The main difference is a slightly larger engine in the L4310, (2.2l vs 1.9l). You will be fine.

The reason I went with the L3710 was for the mid mount pto. I thought some day I'd get a front mounted blower and a belly mower.... 25 years later that mid mount pto has never been used.

The L3710 and L4310 are basically the same tractor. The main difference is a slightly larger engine in the L4310, (2.2l vs 1.9l). You will be fine.

The reason I went with the L3710 was for the mid mount pto. I thought some day I'd get a front mounted blower and a belly mower.... 25 years later that mid mount pto has never been used.
Thanks. I’m waiting for my Kubota dealer to get back to me tomorrow. Hope you’re right. Any idea if there is a difference in frame for a ROPS or Cab tractor of that era? I think I want to buy it if not. My 3710 has the mid mount PTO as well. The guy I bought it from said he never used it either. A big belly mower would be nice for our property.

I know these tractors were built between 1998-2002. Seller was unsure. I picked a 2000. Anyone know what year mine is for sure? Model L3710D, Serial # 75661.

/ Can you help me with questions about Woods BH9000 backhoe frame for Kubota L3710? #9  
I don’t know if this applies to the l series but for the cabbed b series and kubota bh77 there is a spacer to provide additional clearance between the tractor / cab / subframe and the backhoe. Since the backhoe came off a cabbed tractor it should include those spacers but you should not need them on a rops … assuming woods flows the same concept.

Last edited:
   / Can you help me with questions about Woods BH9000 backhoe frame for Kubota L3710? #10  
I’m fairly handy. But my shop is not very well equipped. And, unfortunately, I am not a welder. I do have a place, not far away, that can do that. There is even a guy around who travels and welds.

Why do you think adjustment/modifications would be involved? Just curious.
You will probably need to cut and drill shim plates to fit the BH frame mounts to your chassis