Can you identify this chain? I think it's for skidding logs

/ Can you identify this chain? I think it's for skidding logs #1  

SturgisATV

Tractor
IH 1086
I can't remember what you call this type of chain, or exactly what it is used for. It's 9 feet long. All I know is that somebody told me it's really old. (My wife says that about me, too!)
I'm going to try and post a photo.
I will probably throw the chain on Ebay and see if I can sell it, but I don't even know what to call it.

Doug

DSCF8267.JPGDSCF8268.JPG

/ Can you identify this chain? I think it's for skidding logs #2  
I would guess that it was a sling for lifting. The large end looks like the smaller one would slip through to "choke" up tight on something. I don't believe that it is for working logs. Cool chain!

/ Can you identify this chain? I think it's for skidding logs
Yeah, that is how it works. I guess I just thought about logs, and skidding them out of the woods with something like this chain.
Thanks!

/ Can you identify this chain? I think it's for skidding logs #4  
A new one to me but perhaps it is a pipe sling for moving cast iron ,or ductile iron water pipes.

/ Can you identify this chain? I think it's for skidding logs #5  
A new one to me but perhaps it is a pipe sling for moving cast iron ,or ductile iron water pipes.

That's exactly what came to mind for me.
Or is there oil in SD? the const of the chain, it looks like it's width would grip a pipe like you would need to do to tighten up threaded togher pipe casing. Maybe a oil rig guy will identify it.