Can you increase FEL lifting?

/ Can you increase FEL lifting? #11  
On my machine, the hydraulic pressure (measured at the dealer) was JUST under the spec. The way to increase the pressure is to add a shim (actually just an appropriately thick washer) in the pressure relief valve system. The manual shows where. My dealer added one shim/washer and this increased the pressure to JUST over the specification. This actually made a VERY significant difference in lifting ability..increased it from about 2400 lbs to about 2900 lbs. I truly needed that extra 500 lbs of lift. Cost: $34. HOWEVER, be aware of the following:

- extra strain on front axel and fel parts if lifting outside limits
- REALLY, REALLY, REALY gotta counter balance with weight in rear, it can be VERY easy to lift rear wheels otherwise..not good.
- turn front wheels at small angle under max load else will roll tire off of rim.
- put max PSI in front tires to avoid tire damage.

Hope this helps.

/ Can you increase FEL lifting? #12  
You guys are giving BUM advice , IT'S SIMPLE !

The LARGER the loan, the more she can lift

/ Can you increase FEL lifting? #13  
toolaholic said:
You guys are giving BUM advice , IT'S SIMPLE !

The LARGER the loan, the more she can lift

ROFLMAO soooo true..... and especially if you are trying to lift the empty wallet!

/ Can you increase FEL lifting? #14  
Have you thought about building or buying somthing that works offthe TPH to do what you need. The TPH will lift more than the FEL.

/ Can you increase FEL lifting?
...The preasure is checked under the seat.

This ones got me stumped, under the seat? There is a "nut" or cap if you will under there, is that it? I'll try and send some pics.

Lifting the rear should not be a problem I have the rear tires filled with water, and a backhoe, so I should be good to go with weight.

/ Can you increase FEL lifting? #16  
yes it is possible. also not advisable!!!!! just MHO

/ Can you increase FEL lifting? #17  
I really recommend you get access to the manual for your specific tractor... I am sure that the location of the pressure relief valve is not the same for all tractors. Also, my experience is that a small shim makes a large difference in pressure... thus I'd now only do this with the help of a hydraulic pressure gauge although initially I thought it was a "do it myself" activity (without pressure gauge.) You don't want to blow a hydraulic hose with too much pressure.

/ Can you increase FEL lifting? #18  
Kendall69 said:
This ones got me stumped, under the seat? There is a "nut" or cap if you will under there, is that it? I'll try and send some pics.

Lifting the rear should not be a problem I have the rear tires filled with water, and a backhoe, so I should be good to go with weight.

I took pity on your soul. Here are some pictures from the Kubota WSM for the "10" series that explain everything. Click on the pics to expand them. For 200 psi, you need 0.020" shim stock.

Blow up

/ Can you increase FEL lifting? #19  
john bud
You are the man!

/ Can you increase FEL lifting? #20  
Kendall69 said:

I hope pics below help. This is the way my Ford 1700 hyd pressure relief and 3PT lift is designed. I do not have FEL but still most tractors have identical method in controlling relief pressure to avoid dead heading the positive displacement hyd pump. I have more pics that shows rate of drop mechanism and inner working of the lift piston. please chime in if you need more pics.

This the 3PT lift cylinder head.

Hyd pump discharge just before going to main adjustable relief valve device.

another pic of relief device

Inner components of the relief device. in my case I don't have shims but I can adjust the pressure by an adjustment screw after the cap is removed. screw it clockwise =more pressure and counter clockwise less pressure at the main relief.