Can you somehow dye herbicides?

/ Can you somehow dye herbicides? #1  

Boiler74

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 4710
Hey all, quick question. Can you somehow dye a herbicide? I'm spraying with my ATV, and it's hard to tell what I've gotten covered. I was thinking if I could use food coloring or some other dye to temporarily color the herbicide, it would help a lot. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Josh

/ Can you somehow dye herbicides? #2  
I use pond dye, I forget the proper name. It dissapears after not too long and a gallon goes a loong way. Get it at TSC

/ Can you somehow dye herbicides? #3  
There are products that do this- one is brand name Hi-Light and can be found at agri-supply

ASC # 58691 Spray Indicator

Make sure the stuff mixes with whatever you are spraying, I mixed another brand of dye (it was meant for roundup only) with some 24D and the 24D precipitated out of solution. I checked it before filling my sprayer-what a mess that would have been.

/ Can you somehow dye herbicides? #4  
It's commonly done, but I don't know just what dyes are used with what herbicides. I would think the place you buy the herbicide could probably tell you what dye to use. I know I had a neighbor who used a herbicide mixed with diesel to try to kill lots of small mesquite bushes and he had a real pretty blue/green dye in it so he could tell which bushes he'd already sprayed.

/ Can you somehow dye herbicides? #5  
I use ritz clothing dye, red normally, mixed with Remedy. But with a atv, its easy enough to come back a few days later and can see the plants you missed anyway...........cause you WILL miss some. :)

/ Can you somehow dye herbicides? #6  
swiftboot said:
I use ritz clothing dye, red normally, mixed with Remedy. But with a atv, its easy enough to come back a few days later and can see the plants you missed anyway...........cause you WILL miss some. :)

And some new ones....

/ Can you somehow dye herbicides? #7  
I use Dynamark U.V blue spray indicator made by Agrisolutions. It's pretty pricy so I only use it when I can't see my tire tracks to line up on. It does work well though. With an ATV sprayer though, you wouldn't need much. I get mine from my chemical supplier but Tractor Supply used to stock it. Check there.

/ Can you somehow dye herbicides? #8  
boiler, i just saw this at Rural King store in Kendalville, IN. i think it is dyed and also foams if i'm not mistaken..

/ Can you somehow dye herbicides? #10  
Absolutely, herbicides are dyed all the time,particularly for individual plant application use. Tractor Supply has dye, I believe any ag place selling herbicides will also have dye in stock... or can get it. I use a blue dye for my mesquite spraying.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

SKEETERHAWK 75 CHRYSLER BOAT, NO TITLE (A34011)
SKEETERHAWK 75...
2022 Honda 150R Competition Dirt Bike, (A33078)
2022 Honda 150R...
Sany SY50 MP Hydraulic Thumb (A33113)
Sany SY50 MP...
Unused 45in Forklift Carriage Attachment, (A33079)
Unused 45in...
Hesston 5800 Round Baler (A33041)
Hesston 5800 Round...
Unused 2024 TOFT 680 Post Driver Attachment, (A33078)
Unused 2024 TOFT...