Cannot Find Part Number For JD3520 Grease Fitting

/ Cannot Find Part Number For JD3520 Grease Fitting #1  

Vic_N

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 4044R
I broke a zerk on one of the u-joints on my front PTO drive shaft that I use for my 59" front-mounted snowblower. My grease gun pulled off the piece with the spring and ball bearing...who knows where it went. I got the base of the zerk out and went to my dealer; he gave me part number JD7760. This is a 1/8", 65 degree angle fitting. Unfortunately, it's close but not a good fit...its shank is a tad too long so I cannot fully insert it. I've looked through all the JD zerks on JD Parts I can find but I just can't seem to locate the one I need. I'm obviously not looking in the right place. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

/ Cannot Find Part Number For JD3520 Grease Fitting #2  
I have found Zerks of all sizes and shapes at a Ace Hardware.

/ Cannot Find Part Number For JD3520 Grease Fitting
I have found Zerks of all sizes and shapes at a Ace Hardware.

I visited Ace yesterday and they didn't have what I needed. Tried a True Value and an Aubuchon as well. Found lots of zerks that were close but no match. Thanks for the suggestion though.

/ Cannot Find Part Number For JD3520 Grease Fitting #4  
What's the model # of your snow blower??

Snow blower is OMLVU17390.

/ Cannot Find Part Number For JD3520 Grease Fitting #6  
JD7760 is what JDparts shows for a 59" snow blower. If this is not right, what kind/type of fitting do you need?
Possibly you got a fitting from a different supplier to JD. JD7760 crosses to Alemitle 1612B

Can you post a picture of the fitting you have? Is the fitting the same in other end of the PTO shaft? Can you post a picture of it?

/ Cannot Find Part Number For JD3520 Grease Fitting #7  
Zebrafive
What''s the parts catalog # of the 59" snowblower? I failed to find it when searching JDparts.com.

/ Cannot Find Part Number For JD3520 Grease Fitting #8  
Zebrafive
What''s the parts catalog # of the 59" snowblower? I failed to find it when searching JDparts.com.

Go to the 3520 parts catalog, then Implements, then 2108 59" two stage snow blower

IMG_0953.jpgIMG_0954.jpg
Zebrafive

OK. My bad. I obviously did not explain my problem well enough in my initial post and for that I apologize. This darn English language! I am talking about a zerk on the front PTO drive shaft, not the snowblower drive shaft. When the questions began about the sb I was puzzled but not intelligent enough to realize I had screwed up.

IMG_0962.jpgIMG_0961.jpgHere are 2 photos with the JD7760 zerk on the left and the base of the zerk (with top missing that I removed from the PTO drive shaft) on the right.