Canopy made from Jeep hardtop

/ Canopy made from Jeep hardtop #1  

MIkeWard

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat 2025
I made a canopy for my Bobcat tractor 2025 model out of a junk CJ7 Jeep hard top.
Removed broken glass and cut off sides. With a little sanding and painting was ready to go! Bolted it onto the ROPS with bolts from Ace hardware.

Looks pretty good and will protect from falling branches too.

I added some golf cart mirrors that were pretty inexpensive. Added strong magnets to hold them on. They seem pretty good and don't vibrate too much.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_1506.jpg
    IMG_1506.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 247
  • IMG_1505.jpg
    IMG_1505.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1504.jpg
    IMG_1504.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 198
  • IMG_1509.jpg
    IMG_1509.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1508.jpg
    IMG_1508.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 206
   / Canopy made from Jeep hardtop #3  
Looks great! Very nice work. I’ve been thinking about some kind of cover, but I’m in the woods so much, I think it’ll get torn up in no time.

/ Canopy made from Jeep hardtop #4  
That looks great! :thumbsup: I'd like to redo mine. The previous owner welded 2" angle iron to the ROPS and slapped plywood on it. :rolleyes: I'd like to cut all that off and bolt a new one where the factory holes already exist. I just don't know where to shop for a top. My head is always finding those side angle supports. :eek:

2008_1031Implements0011.JPG

/ Canopy made from Jeep hardtop #5  
Nice work. Us Rednecks call that "repurposing".

/ Canopy made from Jeep hardtop
Looks great! Very nice work. I’ve been thinking about some kind of cover, but I’m in the woods so much, I think it’ll get torn up in no time.

Hitting trees while driving would wreck any canopy for sure!

However the canopy is pretty thick and stout! When I had this same canopy on my ford 1920, a dead branch fell and landed on top. Good 2-3 inches thick.
Scared the heck out of me but no damage or injury. In the fall plenty of big oak acorns were also bouncing off

That looks great! :thumbsup: I'd like to redo mine. The previous owner welded 2" angle iron to the ROPS and slapped plywood on it. :rolleyes: I'd like to cut all that off and bolt a new one where the factory holes already exist. I just don't know where to shop for a top. My head is always finding those side angle supports. :eek:

View attachment 664457

Yes those supports are sure close to a guys head getting on and off. I chuckled when I saw your mirror. I mounted almost the same one on the canopy when it was on my Ford 1920. Got it from my dads junk pile! Might put it back on too!

Nice work. Us Rednecks call that "repurposing".

My dad grew up in the depression and was a saver of everything and I find myself becoming more like him as I age (69 now)
My kids kid me about it and I always say its raw materials. They laugh but always come poking around looking for raw materials.

/ Canopy made from Jeep hardtop #9  

View attachment 664457

I have a good condition Jeep top that I will give away.
Problem is that it is at zip 02651.....too far away from most