Can't believe Sams Club did me this.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #131  
I have bought several sets of tires in the last couple years from Amazon on Line as well as as Priority Tire, Simple Tire Walmart, Perfection, Discount and a couple others. Have checked Tire rack multiple times and Not once have they matched or been less expensive than other vendors for the same tires.
Maybe someday?
I doubt it. They have a business model, it's successful, so I'd guess they'll keep doing what their doing.

I don't get it.

Strange but true.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #132  
I doubt it. They have a business model, it's successful, so I'd guess they'll keep doing what their doing.

I don't get it.

Strange but true.
Well they do offer an all in one service to companion installer and tire mounting businesses

Just does not work for private non profit do it yourselfers like me so far.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #133  
I have, but it was a retread. I was driving into town in a snowstorm in my '73 F100 when all of a sudden it started going squirrely. I was able to get it off the road and if I remember correctly, the tread had started to come off.

Does anyone even make retreads for passenger vehicles anymore?
I don't think I've seen them since the 80s. Most of the places that used to sell them are long gone too.

I had a couple retreads separate on me too back in the day.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #134  
Apparently this company still sells retread for cars, trucks, etc...

One note. Look at the bottom of the page. They offer retreads with crushed acorns in the rubber for winter driving. (Yes, you read that correctly.)

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #135  
I've used Tire Rack a few times over the years. Picked up snow tires and rims for my wife's car and mine 2 yrs ago. They have a warehouse here in the Twin Cities, so i took that option, drove my truck over after work, they brought them out, loaded up and gone. Easy peasy, especially since they were new so they mounted/balanced them and were ready to put on the cars. I remember them from their multi-page ads in Car & Driver (and the other car mags) from the 80's and 90's when it was harder to get performance tires which was important to the demographic reading those magazines.

I didn't realize Discount Tire bought them, I thought it was the other way around. I have not used DT yet but have friends that do and say they are great. There is one not terribly far away but I have been using another local chain shop right here for years that has been good.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #136  
We have two Discount Tire stores and the Tire Rack right here in town. A few years ago Belle Tire moved in. One a block from one of the Discount Tire stores, and the other about 2-3 miles from the Tire Rack. Our employer gets a discount for us at Belle Tire, so I went there for our 2013 Impala. Big mistake. Kept losing air in my tires. Went back 5-6 times. Last time, I went to the other Belle Tire store and told the manager what happened at their other store. He put my car on a rack and let me go under it with one of their tire guys. He immediately spots cracked rim and other issues. Got that straightened out and haven't lost air in 2 years.

So, as others have mentioned, like with other businesses, two different branches of the same company, one is incompetent and the other is fantastic.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #137  
After reading up on them again, Tire Rack now has 10 warehouses in 9 states, so they're still growing.
Yes I had a client that worked there. So I have seen the South Bend warehouse. Pretty interesting all tires are picked by robots.

They are a prime supporter of Reins of Life which is a charity that I support.... just not to the same level as they do. Great family from all I have heard about them.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #138  
Yes I had a client that worked there. So I have seen the South Bend warehouse. Pretty interesting all tires are picked by robots.

They are a prime supporter of Reins of Life which is a charity that I support.... just not to the same level as they do. Great family from all I have heard about them.
We had a friend that worked for Tire Rack and he took a job in management with them and moved to Reno or Lake Taho, I can't remember, to manage their warehouse in that area. Maybe 10+ years ago.

South Bend warehouse is very cool.

My youngest daughter volunteered at Reins of Life out on Quince Rd. for several years when she was in grade school and high school, as a horse walker and stall cleaner. I even took my little machine out there and scooped poop from the sheds once.

And I've been renting a storage shed from them for about 30 years! All Secure Storage is either the same family or siblings. We know people that work for that company, too.

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #139  
Apparently this company still sells retread for cars, trucks, etc...

One note. Look at the bottom of the page. They offer retreads with crushed acorns in the rubber for winter driving. (Yes, you read that correctly.)

Toyo does the same with walnut shells for some of their snow tires, IIRC they call it microbit.

Aaron Z

/ Can't believe Sams Club did me this. #140  
To the OP....can we see a picture of the damaged wheel? Does it look like impact damage from driving or damage from mounting? What diameter wheel was it?