Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #1  

tgrashopper

Bronze Member
Tractor
massey Furgeson 1528
I figured I'd make a new thread other then my Float Thread. In my journey trying to disassemble my loader joystick. I can't disconnect my hydrolic. the collar will not slide up or down or turn.

Any idea ?

It's a 2008 and I don't think they have ever been disconnected before.

Attachments

• 20211207_123548.jpg
    20211207_123548.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 177
   / Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #2  
Move the loader joystick around to relieve pressure first. Wear cloth gloves to give you a better grip on the collars.

also make sure that the collars on the disconnect don't have a little tab on one side that has to line up with a detention on the collar to be released. You probably don't, but I have that on my skidsteer (not on my tractor though)

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #3  
Make sure the pressure is relieved in the lines

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520
I have wigle the stick in all possible direction. I dont think there is presure in the hose anymore.

As for the tab that might need to alligned. I do mot see any. I can't turn the collard or pressdown on them or up.

I have tried to spay then with break clean, then penetrating oil.

I'll make a video tomorow. It's dark now.

The previus owner never disconected them. It's a 2008 and it sleeped outside in a sand pit all it's life.

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #5  
You’ve probably tried pressing down on elbow as you try to lift collar? Don’t just wiggle stick, move it full range a few times.

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #6  
I fight this problem on my grapple from time-to-time. Usually, it's just a matter of getting angry and screaming at them. On occasion, I've had to loosen a hose to relieve a little pressure.

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #7  
To me it looks like the collar needs to be slid up to release , but it does look like it would be pretty difficult to get a decent grip on them. If the lines have much pressure in them they will probably be impossible to disconnect.
After your sure the pressure has been relieved Maybe try prying them up from the bottom with some kind of pry bar.
Hopefully someone else on this forum has the same setup and will be able to post some pictures showing how those connectors are supposed to work.

Last edited:
   / Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #8  
I fight this problem on my grapple from time-to-time. Usually, it's just a matter of getting angry and screaming at them. On occasion, I've had to loosen a hose to relieve a little pressure.
cussing is always good. but, loosening a line is first. then get some vice grips on them and get them to turn. finally you have to push on the male end when you disengage them.

best,

ed

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520 #9  
Get a big adjustable wrench and adjust it to fit the edge of the collar and tap with a hammer. See if it moves. You might need to blow the crud out of it with a compressor. Then more oil. More tapping. So on...

/ Can't disconect my Quick Conect Coupler Loader 1520
So the collard need to be press up or down?

When you guys say lose a hose witch hose should I be lousen?

I uave try with chanellock plyer to rotate, to go up and to go down witout luck. I have one of the 4 conector that If I press down on the elbow while trying to raise the collard i can feel some mouvement but it's verry minimal like 2 milimiter (sorry french canadian here) stuck with the metric. :)

Anyway it mouve litel maybe by maybe 1 /16 or 1 /32.. but will not release.