Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now?

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #31  
I hope your dealer takes good care of you and your order.

My local dealer said he was unable to order new M5's until February or March next year with expected deliveries in early 2023 due to various logistical problems causing shutdowns to production.

Based on feedback from local farmers and ranchers I respect, I'm looking at John Deeres 50xxM and 61xxE/M options for similar money give or take depending on options.

New Holland has apparently changed their loaders so, the 720LU is my only option and it is a lot weaker than the prior loader. I also have gotten a lot of warnings about emission problems with local New Holland tractors, especially with crystalized DEF along with a lot of problems with things like Cab air conditioning, alternators, etc.
The issue with DEF is, it gets slushy at 32 (f) and freezes solid at 30(f) so for cold weather use, the DEF tank has to be heated (usually with engine coolant )and the lines and injector have to be heated as well. One of the issues on big trucks is keeping the DEF liquid in the winter.) Sure glad I don't have those issues...lol

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now?
The issue with DEF is, it gets slushy at 32 (f) and freezes solid at 30(f) so for cold weather use, the DEF tank has to be heated (usually with engine coolant )and the lines and injector have to be heated as well. One of the issues on big trucks is keeping the DEF liquid in the winter.) Sure glad I don't have those issues...lol
This is in East Texas between I-30 and I-30 so, pretty far South but, we do see some cold weather occasionally.

The DEF problems were during hay season, not winter.

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #33  
No DEF issues with the RAM so far.

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #34  
This is in East Texas between I-30 and I-30 so, pretty far South but, we do see some cold weather occasionally.

Interesting. I travel I-30 quite a bit and never noticed a house in the median. ;)

I think you meant to say between I-20 and I-30.

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #35  
No DEF issues with the RAM so far.
watch the expiration dates on the DEF you buy. It has a shelf life and the old stuff will separate in the jugs. I buy out of date DEF and spray it on my hayfields. Makes great foiliar fertilizer. It's just soluble urea and deionized water. Most of the DEF diesels (not sure about tractors) allow a cold start with solidified DEF with no issues and when the engine coolant thaws the DEF, it will start injecting it. I would warm it up for a few before driving off if it's real cold (below freezing) out.

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #36  

We are about 15 miles south of I30. There is a CaseIH dealer in Sulphur Springs. Are they not good? Fiat owns both NH and Case now, but my understanding is they are run independently. Of course, they also own CJDR, too. Maybe one day a package deal will include a Ram truck. Haha

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #37  
Other way around. LS is the manufacturer. NH contracts with them to supply some of the smaller units. Not sure who makes the Powerstar you're looking at.

I have no knowledge of bigger machines, just offering one more to look at.

LS only makes CNH compact tractors. CNH makes their own from utility tractors on up, so they make the Powerstar. They (well, technically another subsidiary, FPT) also make their own engines for those size of tractors too.

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #38  
Sat on an M5-111 today at the f. Nice tractor.

Also, they had a cash and a financed price on all the tractors there. Looked like 8-10% off if you had cash.

To add to the oddity, I’m pretty sure they brought all their inventory because there was less than half the tractors that are normally there and they had three used tractors there which I’d never seen at the fair before.

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #39  
Something else to look at:

If I'm reading the specs right and the comparisons are fair, the MT7 boasts higher lift capacities both front and rear.

No idea on cost or availability.
I just took delivery on an MT7-111. 8 hrs in and I am a fan. I had an mt5-73 and this is in an entirely different league. I payed 68k delivered to the farm with all options and filled tires. I just couldnt see a 30% premium for green or yellow paint. Critically, I have great dealer support

/ Can't get a Kubota M5-111 so, what now? #40  
I finally have the money to buy my tractor but, it has gone up $8K and does NOT INCLUDE an 11% steel premium from Kubota. I apparently can't order until Feb/March of next year and the earliest delivery date would be Jan 2023! The price today if I could order would be $72K plus 11% for the steel premium.

I did a new custom order a M5-111 24 speed, Cab and Loader on Sept. 9th, of 2021 and the expected delivery is Feb. 2022 although they still haven't provided a build date or better estimated date. So we'll see, I still have my M7040 to get me by but I'm really needing the extra ponies especially by spring. Fingers crossed it comes in soon but all these variants sure are affecting the work place everywhere.

Last edited: