Can't give it away....

/ Can't give it away.... #11  
Put an ad in the paper, I know I burn a little gum in the heater. A few folks that heat with wood will grab it yp for heating a shop or barn. I like to save my good wood for the house and burn crap in the shop heater. Here I let folks pile up several loads of brush and in the winter have a big 4 alarm beer drinking bonfire.

I have a couple of friends that go to logging landings and pic up the end drops that look like your pile. THey stack them crossed ofe each other and pile a few tops in the center and then cross stack a few more. They will pile up several piles and tarp some of them. They have a hunting club and thats what their meeting camp fires are made from.

/ Can't give it away....
Put an ad in the paper, I know I burn a little gum in the heater. A few folks that heat with wood will grab it yp for heating a shop or barn. I like to save my good wood for the house and burn crap in the shop heater. Here I let folks pile up several loads of brush and in the winter have a big 4 alarm beer drinking bonfire.

I have a couple of friends that go to logging landings and pic up the end drops that look like your pile. THey stack them crossed ofe each other and pile a few tops in the center and then cross stack a few more. They will pile up several piles and tarp some of them. They have a hunting club and thats what their meeting camp fires are made from.

I've looked at the local Craigslist and there are more ads in there for free wood than one would think. I'll give it a try though, its worth a shot.

/ Can't give it away....
We gave up and called in a forestry mulcher.

The log piles after the mulcher finished with them. Now I will have compost in a few months.

Attachments

• Aftermulcher.JPG
    Aftermulcher.JPG
    297.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Sweetgum.JPG
    Sweetgum.JPG
    255.3 KB · Views: 136
  • rayco.JPG
    rayco.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 150
   / Can't give it away.... #15  
Same story up here in forestry-wood products country of the far north. Zero market for saw logs. Not clear pine, not oak, nothing. The sawmills all say they are over stuffed with unsold product. Won't take anymore logs at any price. Everyone blames it on the crashed construction economy.

/ Can't give it away.... #16  
Just a thought. Do you have a Boy Scout Campground in your locale? If so, try contacting them. Maybe one of the Leaders would be willing to pick up most of it. The Scouts might use the logs as projects to earn Badges, perhaps carving totem poles or making a lean to, or using the wood for a bonfire. I wouldn't recommend burning pine in a stove or fireplace except in small quantities. Too much creosote. You get "Fat Lighter" from pine tree stumps. Good Luck.:tractor:

/ Can't give it away....
Just a thought. Do you have a Boy Scout Campground in your locale? If so, try contacting them. Maybe one of the Leaders would be willing to pick up most of it. The Scouts might use the logs as projects to earn Badges, perhaps carving totem poles or making a lean to, or using the wood for a bonfire. I wouldn't recommend burning pine in a stove or fireplace except in small quantities. Too much creosote. You get "Fat Lighter" from pine tree stumps. Good Luck.:tractor:

Too late :) its shredded, see two posts up. Good idea though.

/ Can't give it away.... #18  
I thought we were at the low point, but another sawmill is shutting down in a few weeks. About 70 jobs will be lost. Some of the mills are shipping overseas to China and Japan I heard.

/ Can't give it away.... #19  
I thought we were at the low point, but another sawmill is shutting down in a few weeks. About 70 jobs will be lost. Some of the mills are shipping overseas to China and Japan I heard.
You heard right. I sold some timber 8 months ago, and the majority of it was being shipped to China. Here in NC, the mills are shipping yellow popular timber to China for the sole purpose of making "Chop Sticks"out of it. In my latest issue of NC Farm Bureau Magazine, the latest figures for the last two years lists China as our biggest importer of pork from NC.It definitely helps the Farmers here in NC. I remember in the 60's and 70's when the USA shipped millions of metric tons of wheat to the USSR. It seems that our agricultural products are the only commodities that China is mainly interested in. No political inclusions meant, just stating the facts from the Dept. Of Agriculture.