Can't Pick 'Em Up - Now What?

/ Can't Pick 'Em Up - Now What? #11  
2" schedule 40 or higher PVC pipe can be used to roll them on. My nursery taught me that trick. Once at the edge of the hole you can just tilt them back towards the loader and push them in with the tractor. No danger in that.

/ Can't Pick 'Em Up - Now What? #12  
Ran into the same problem when I was building my fountain.. I was able to lift 2 of the rocks, but I could lift the biggest one. Ended up renting a mini-excavator, made the job really easy.. I was surprised that the tractor lifted as much as it did, well over what the specs. say..

Attachments

• Paul Waterfall 006.JPG
    Paul Waterfall 006.JPG
    972.6 KB · Views: 145
   / Can't Pick 'Em Up - Now What? #13  
I've seen guys on here using an old car hood as a sled to skid logs and rocks with. That sounds like a pretty good concept to me.

/ Can't Pick 'Em Up - Now What? #14  
2" schedule 40 or higher PVC pipe can be used to roll them on. My nursery taught me that trick. Once at the edge of the hole you can just tilt them back towards the loader and push them in with the tractor. No danger in that.
If the piece you are pushing in is caught on your bucket it can tip the tractor forward as it drops into the hole.
larry

/ Can't Pick 'Em Up - Now What? #15  
Unless it's a really deep hole it doesn't matter. I would wear my seat belt, of course.

With the pipe I forgot to mention that if you lay them parallel to each other, you can slide along 10 feet at a time - or whatever lenght of pipe you've got.