Can't remove pin from PTO yoke on implement end

/ Can't remove pin from PTO yoke on implement end #1  

wwrafter

Tractor
Yanmar F20D
Have an old tiller with yoke attached that is too short for my tractor, was going to take it in and get a telescoping one but I can't get it off of the tiller.

It appears to be a pin that has to be pounder out from one side but it only goes out about a 1/2 inch and stops, can't seem to move it off of spline so not sure what to do.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you,
wwrafter

/ Can't remove pin from PTO yoke on implement end #2  
Can u post a pick so we can see which style you have

/ Can't remove pin from PTO yoke on implement end #3  
The pin may be slotted, in which case you can coax the yoke off the shaft while the pin is pressed inward. Most of my shafts are this way. The pins are usually spring loaded but when rusted up, they don't spring, summer or fall out. If the pin gets bent, you are in for a heap of trouble because it won't open up a gap big enough to release at the the cross groove.

Soak it all day in rust buster stuff or make your own from acetone and transmission fluid and let it simmer..

You make have to drill it out...

/ Can't remove pin from PTO yoke on implement end
The pin may be slotted, in which case you can coax the yoke off the shaft while the pin is pressed inward. Most of my shafts are this way. The pins are usually spring loaded but when rusted up, they don't spring, summer or fall out. If the pin gets bent, you are in for a heap of trouble because it won't open up a gap big enough to release at the the cross groove.

Soak it all day in rust buster stuff or make your own from acetone and transmission fluid and let it simmer..

Found the problem, pin normally has a spring release that was froze up, once I figured out correct position I was able to release it.

/ Can't remove pin from PTO yoke on implement end

Thanks for the rust busting formula.
wwrafter