Canvas Canopy

/ Canvas Canopy #1  

powerscol

Veteran Member
Tractor
CT 235
I am looking for a good heavy canvas fold up canopy that attached to the roll over bar for my Bobcat CT 235 compact tractor.
Can anyone suggest brands to look at?

Thanks for any help - Keith

/ Canvas Canopy #3  
I'm not aware of any 'good' cloth canopies that fold. Searching as above shows lots and lots of canopies, many cloth, and many that fold. But none from both categories that will hold up to actual use as far as I can tell. They work great on lawn tractors in Florida.

I intend to make one from an old car cover and EMT conduit. But have not started yet, so let us know what you find! :)

/ Canvas Canopy #4  
Might could check out the mesh tarps at tractor supply. They say it will be able to take the road wind if you travel with your tractor

/ Canvas Canopy
I found a local place that builds awnings. he is checking on the umbrella frames that he can get. One is more square than round, and heavy duty. He did not know if it was still made - mostly used in Florida and rated for high winds. They are the type that can be mounted to the ROPS and swivel on a lockable gimbel. Should know in a week or so. He also has various cloth selections, including canvas with Kevlar woven in.

/ Canvas Canopy #7  
As with most things in Colo our abundance of UV light will take a heavy toll if a fabric is used. If you can figure out how to utilize a rigid canopy either metal or fiberglass, it going to last a whole lot longer than fabric one

/ Canvas Canopy #8  
Look at the marine industry. Fabrics such as sunbrella are made to be used outside in harsh conditions. Products like uv inhibitors can help as well.

/ Canvas Canopy #9  
Here is the complete ROPS mount umbrella setup. Frame & mount is separate, you pick your color of canopy.

Tractor Umbrella