Car Driving Safety Tips

/ Car Driving Safety Tips #11  
There were a couple of studies done 25-30 years ago by the California Highway Patrol and the Federal Government that concluded you'd be safer on the shoulder of the road with NO lights on than having any red lights showing to the read. But it just kind of goes against the grain for most of us.

I have heard of those studies. Even having that information makes it hard to turn off the danged lights. :D

When I have had to pull over on the highway, if we have had time, I would wait until I found an overpass. Then I would pull under and just passed the underpass. Sometimes you can pull off the road far enough to get the underpass to protect you. :D

Helps to have a 4x4 in case you are in sugar sand in FLA. :laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Car Driving Safety Tips #12  
Reverse if you are in an emergency lane on the left side of the road.

Now a days you have to watch not only from the drunks but people playing on the phone, eating, putting on make up, twiddling with the radio, talking to a passenger, yelling at kids, etc. :laughing:

Not sure what you mean by that first piece of advice?????

But the other comments are spot on. Just yesterday I saw a young kid driving through the busiest 4 lane street in town while FLOSSING HIS TEETH!!!! :confused2:

/ Car Driving Safety Tips #13  
Great information. A lot of people should be reading this kind of stuff before they go get themselves killed.