Car Insurance skyrocketing

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #1  

scootr

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200 HST, 773 Bobcat, Cat forklift
Car insurance at State Farm going up to ridiculous highs considering I drive so little.
I just got billed $500 for 6 mos on my van :oops: 🔥 which I drive less than 50 miles a month.
Curious to know who is offering lower rates - what have you found ?

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #2  
I just got back from meeting with my insurance man. Cars are the least of my problem. The dream of home ownership is becoming a nightmare with insurance and taxes. My small rec cabin was reassessed after 20 years and doubled. The insurance company dropped it for whatever reason. The new company won't write my home cause the roof is 20 plus years old.Pay to play I guess.

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #3  
We have State Farm for all our cars. It hasn't gone up appreciably. Yet.

If you got a ticket or had an accident they'll jack your rates up for years.

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #4  
Car insurance at State Farm going up to ridiculous highs considering I drive so little.
I just got billed $500 for 6 mos on my van :oops: 🔥 which I drive less than 50 miles a month.
Curious to know who is offering lower rates - what have you found ?
You might chat with State Farm agent about getting discounts and see what they come up with. Low mileage generally gets a discount.

All the best,

Peter

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #5  
Mine is getting stupid again too. This is 6 months coverage. 500/1000 deductibles. The focus is liability only. But I do have 250,000/500,000 liability on all of them.

1711039241395.png

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #7  
You might chat with State Farm agent
I stay with the same insurance company for decades or more and rarely re-shop coverage or cost. But I recently switched and found State Farm to be competitive and the local agent provides good service.

The service provided by the local agent is key. I had a very poor agent in Northern Nevada from the same company that has a very good agent in Northern California. Finally gave them the heave-ho. And glad I did.

Won't name names but if you think of something like all 50 states you are getting warm. :D

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #8  
Homeowners insurance more than doubled two years. Shopped around still cheaper than competitors. Shocking.

Car/Vehicle insurance holding steady. No shocking changes.....

Shop around, ask for discounts, carry a large deductible if car/vehicle not newish.

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #9  
I found Progressive to cheapest overall when I bundled.

Andy

/ Car Insurance skyrocketing #10  
Everything is going up, but ask some certain folks and they will tell you the economy has never been better and you are definitely better off now than 4 years ago!
Only person I know of that says that is the current POTUS. IMO, he's dead wrong as usual.

If all of you had any idea what we pay to insure the farm and all the equipment plus the vehicles and the rentals, you'd probably have a heart attack.

Lets just say it's real close to 8 grand a year.

Lucky we can write most of that off as a business expense. Only gonna get worse, not better until the Fed gets inflation under control and that won't happen with this current administration.

Why I keep saying, get out and vote, but vote wisely.

Just glad we are mortgage free except for one rental and that rental payment covers the insurance on it amongst other things.

Our carrier just increased the deductible to 2 grand and we have no say in that whatsoever and believe me, I've shopped for insurance before and there are no deals to be had.