Carb Rebuild Kit

/ Carb Rebuild Kit #1  

retired007

Tractor
New Holland 3930 Kobota Zd21 Mule 4010 New HollandTZ25DA
I have an Echo CS-305 saw that I cannot get the carb adjusted to run properly. It runs well as long as it is running fast but will not run when adusting to idle. Just wondering what you guys experience has been with installing carb kits.

Thanks

/ Carb Rebuild Kit #2  
If it won't run at idle but will run at speed, first check the ignition system carefully to make sure there are no cuts in the plug wire, make sure the plug is OK, etc.

The carb could have issues with both the inlet needle and the diaphragm with that symptom, or a bad needle valve. So you may as well rebuild the entire carb, and give it a good cleaning. Kits are fairly easy to do. They normally include new gaskets, new diaphragm, new springs, and new inlet needles. Might not include new needle valves, so check on that ahead of time if the needles are shot. If the needles had been over tightened, it could have caused damage that would make adjustment hard.

The 305 is a couple generations old, so if the carb is all original, a rebuild would be expected. A kit should cost $8-12. Good luck!

/ Carb Rebuild Kit #5  
this isnt related to a chain saw, but i tried the old carb rebuild kit on my mantis tiller.......didnt help at all. The main issue were dissolved rubber, whatever in the many micro small ports due to the use of ethanol fuels. try as i might, it just never ran worth a ((*&^.

I found a NEW carb on ebay for under $40.00, bolted right on, worked like new after a few pulls on cord.

that was 2 years ago or so. still works great. Then again, i dont use ethanol fuels in power equip any more. not for 2 years. funny, i havnt had any more issues since then. Before that i was constantly rebuilding small engines.

/ Carb Rebuild Kit #6