Caroni TL1200 flail mower

/ Caroni TL1200 flail mower #1  

Parfait

Tractor
Kubota 2530
I am having great trouble getting the tension of the drive belts correct. As a result I am going through belts quickly. There is a spring loaded tension roller but I do not know how tight to make the nut. Could someone tell me how far on the spindle to turn the nut?

/ Caroni TL1200 flail mower
Still have the problem. Belts overheat and disintegrate. Could it be that I am not greasing enough? How much, how often?

/ Caroni TL1200 flail mower #3  
Hi Parfait,

I have a Caroni TL also. I grease mine up somewhere close to around every 16 hours use. As far as burning belts up, the only time it's ever happened to me is when I get into really thick stuff, swamp grasses, thistle and the like. When I do need to replace them I tension the belts to where I can spin the drum by hand but it doesn't continue to without my moving it. It's not a prefect system but that's what I do. I hope that helps.

Thanks. Sounds good. Thick, green spring grass does for me. I'll try and grease more regularly.

/ Caroni TL1200 flail mower #5  
I had a Caroni and had trouble smoking belts. Your best bet is to get matched Gates belts and run a little slower when you hit the thick stuff. I gave up and went back to a rotary cutter. I can mow almost twice as fast with a rotary.

I'm in France,so no Gates. What about Kevlar belts?

/ Caroni TL1200 flail mower #7  
I had a Caroni and had trouble smoking belts. Your best bet is to get matched Gates belts and run a little slower when you hit the thick stuff. I gave up and went back to a rotary cutter. I can mow almost twice as fast with a rotary.

Problem being . . . in some instances it does not look as "purty" . . . :laughing: