Carport prep - Cedars must go!

/ Carport prep - Cedars must go! #21  
I am sorry but that is funny.

I can laugh because i had a 14' trampoline for my daughter that blew about 200' away. That's okay my new car [at the time] slowed the tramp down until it reached the road.
New fender and hood and now is as good as new. oh yeah some money.

Shane

/ Carport prep - Cedars must go! #22  
Sad to see but funny to watch Marty , now that Your over the initial shock :eek: . I,m guessing Your weather men also refer to 40 to 50 MPH winds a a breezy as they do here .

We ended up with one similiar to that one a few years ago , after straight line winds & No clue to this day where it came from or who it belonged to . Sure didn,t do Our metal building any good though . But no one ever claimed it :( . Bob

/ Carport prep - Cedars must go! #23  
That is just brutal...

Two things... What is the new carport going to be like? And what kind of security cameras did you buy, mine the color is marginal at best, your little orange Kubota really pops...

/ Carport prep - Cedars must go! #24  
That's terrible.:( Maybe with insurance you can get a garage. Your out a lot more money, but It reminds me when I purchased one of those 10x20 tent carports last year. Set it up for shade to work under. Used it for one week then a thunderstorm came through with torrential rain and straight line winds. Got the tools put up and ran inside the house just in time to look out the window and see it buckle in half and fold over leaving it wrapped up in an unusable pretzel. Like your ordeal, it sucked but was kinda cool to watch.:eek:

/ Carport prep - Cedars must go!
That is just brutal...

Two things... What is the new carport going to be like? And what kind of security cameras did you buy, mine the color is marginal at best, your little orange Kubota really pops...

I can't remember what model camera they are, but they are the coax type with sony ccd. The quality is way better than you see due to the DVR settings I use to save more footage to disk. It is funny you say the Kubota color pops as it is a TYM T273 which is bright red in color.. :)

Anyway the new building details have not been finalized. Still pricing post frame construction and all steel construction for 30x40 and 40x50 size buildings.

/ Carport prep - Cedars must go! #26  
Marty...
I have also had kite problems like that. It is just hard to figure out how much tail you need for a given size kite. Trial an error before you can get it to keep flying at any good altitude.

Now I see where I am getting my North winds from... would not mind it at all if you blocked some of the stronger breezes. Good luck, KennyV :)

/ Carport prep - Cedars must go! #27  
man, and I thought I was the only one that had that kind of Sh#t luck.

Dont feel too bad, my daughter's playground was recently demolished by high winds. It snapped 2x4's bolted together, and flipped it over end over end.
Funny thing, my PHD is simply resting on two 4x4's bolted together like a cross, and it never moved. That swingset had to be well over 1000 lbs. All PT lumber, 2x4 and 4x4 and some decking boards.

I hope your insurance company pays you. If nothing else, maybe you can make a wind turbine out of the scrap.

/ Carport prep - Cedars must go!
I decided not to turn it into insurance.

I think there is enough to salvage and make an excellent canopy over dad's cattle chute. Seems to always rain during our branding. This should work pretty well. Might need to bend and weld a little but should work out.

/ Carport prep - Cedars must go! #29  
Thanks for posting the video. It was interesting to watch. Probably pretty frustrating having to fight the wind, but at least you tried.

Eddie

/ Carport prep - Cedars must go! #30  
Man that is the worst feeling when you are fighting nature and it is a losing battle. For me it is usually pouring down rain and a tarp or something is ripping and I am out there soaking wet trying to fix it. Glad you have a sense of humor about it. I've considered buildings like that time to time. Thanks for sharing!