carry load/drag behind scraper

/ carry load/drag behind scraper
He pulled it behind his tractor and used a rope to trip it to empty. Made pretty good size hill with it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As an aside, I worked for a neighbor farmer when I was 19. he had a JD 4010 (the 196something variety) with a cab and no air con. Being 19 I wasn't smart enough to tell him to stuff it--figured I was sure to visit Viet Nam anyhow and needed to be climatized. This is in West Texas and I usually worked about 13 hours a day in that "greenhouse" (you have it aptly named). Anyhow, didn't end up in the jungle but did finish the summer mighty skinny.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ carry load/drag behind scraper #13  
Try looking under Orthman Soil Mover DuraBilt Pan. They had 2 different lines they sold under. From your description you have whats called a rotary scraper or a Tumblebug. Its got a pair of thick skids that have the scraper rolls over on when the string is pulled and it dumps over to let the backend scoot on the ground till its tripped again to dig.

On Taylortractornut's excellent lead I found Orthman Manufacturing's website. They make several scrapers two of which are within the horsepower range of my JD5203. One is a rollover, I guess a tumblebug type, 1.5 cu yard. The other is a three yard clam dump--the ad lists horsepower requirement at 40-70 horse which might test my 5203 since its 2wd. Price is not provided so I have emailed a local dealer who is listed on the site. Curious to see how the $ compares to the Hoelscher. Not sure how the clam dump works as far as controlled dumping.