carryall use

/ carryall use #21  
Northland said:
Very Nice DAP & JC-Jetro!

I just bought a TSC Farm Force carry-all for much the same purposes.

Are those 2x6's you have bolted on?

Yes they are .... pressure treated 2 x 6 with hot dip carriage bolts.

/ carryall use #22  
I did the same, bolted some old treated 2x6, and now I take it with me almost everywhere. Installed a couple of tie rings, wrapped on a bit of rope and chain. Saves me lots of trips back to the barn.

Attachments

• P6180003.JPG
    P6180003.JPG
    668.4 KB · Views: 1,254
   / carryall use
With all these ideas I think I'm going to build a preasure treated 4x4' box and screw it to a pallet so I can pick it up when ever I want to move veggies or any thing. then if the pallet rots away, just screw it to another one. they are free!!

/ carryall use #24  
PatC said:
Went to buy a carryall at lunch today and the dealer had a king cutter carryall for $100 or a KK pallet carrier for $240. Said he would drill 4 holes in my pallet forks and it would be an effective carryall with the ability to also carry pallets, such as grass at my sons new yard.

Anyone else gone this route and opted for pallet forks rather than carryall?

I have a TC24DA with front wheel drive and front bucket.

Thanks,
You do know that a pallet of sod weighs approx. 1800 and even more when wet.(45-50 yard pallets)

/ carryall use #25  
Fabro said:
With all these ideas I think I'm going to build a preasure treated 4x4' box and screw it to a pallet so I can pick it up when ever I want to move veggies or any thing. then if the pallet rots away, just screw it to another one. they are free!!

That's what I thought I would do as well. I brought home four pallets, two of them smaller, from work. This weekend I will use deck screws and my impact driver to put a box on the best sized pallet.

/ carryall use #26  
PatC said:
Went to buy a carryall at lunch today and the dealer had a king cutter carryall for $100 or a KK pallet carrier for $240. Said he would drill 4 holes in my pallet forks and it would be an effective carryall with the ability to also carry pallets, such as grass at my sons new yard.

Anyone else gone this route and opted for pallet forks rather than carryall?

I have a TC24DA with front wheel drive and front bucket.

Thanks,

I had looked at the pallet mover and the carry-all at the local TSC but I thought the pallet larger and heavier then what I would need so i boght the carry-all. That and there were no holes drilled in he pallet mover and it cost twice as much

/ carryall use #27  
Northland said:
Very Nice DAP & JC-Jetro!

I just bought a TSC Farm Force carry-all for much the same purposes.

Are those 2x6's you have bolted on?

Northland,

I used some old pressure 2x10 after I salvaged them. They perfactly span the top and bopttom using 3 boards for the floor and the back. The board were in service for 20 years and shrunk about 1/2" to 3/4". I assigned them new duty for another 20 years.:D

JC

/ carryall use #28  
Tact said:
You do know that a pallet of sod weighs approx. 1800 and even more when wet.(45-50 yard pallets)

I did not know what it would weigh but was hoping that I would be able to move at least half a pallet and if your weight is a good estimate I should be able to move at least a 1/2 pallet of grass. You can usually get the people to move them close to where you need most of grass when they deliver the pallets without tearing up everything so if tractor can move the rest closer to final resting spot, so be it.

Thanks for the weight info.

/ carryall use #29  
JC-jetro said:
Northland,

I used some old pressure 2x10 after I salvaged them. They perfactly span the top and bopttom using 3 boards for the floor and the back. The board were in service for 20 years and shrunk about 1/2" to 3/4". I assigned them new duty for another 20 years.:D

JC

Good for you JC. I love it-nothing more satisfying, and smarter, then recycling materials. RRR

/ carryall use #30  
Bolted a half sheet of 3/4" plywood, and a couple of office chairs to mine. Tote two old women and a couple of berry baskets to the fartherest briar patch.