Carryalls

/ Carryalls #11  
I hope everybody who posted to this thread is still alive.

/ Carryalls #12  
I can't figure out how this happened. I always click "Today's Posts" to find threads that interest me.

I clicked "Attachments", and somehow ended up on the last page, not the first page where the new posts are.

I guess the good thing is I now hold the record for responding to the oldest deadest post! :laughing:

Yep same thing happens to me.
Buggy code I guess.

/ Carryalls #13  
Because I have no shame in being a new guy with only a handful of posts, I'll take this as an opportunity to breathe new life into a thread started back when I had more hair.

Has anyone used the Tractor Supply Carryall to move firewood from woodlot to house? What did you make your box out of? How about a tailgate, or did you simply make a fixed box?

/ Carryalls #14  
Because I have no shame in being a new guy with only a handful of posts, I'll take this as an opportunity to breathe new life into a thread started back when I had more hair.

Has anyone used the Tractor Supply Carryall to move firewood from woodlot to house? What did you make your box out of? How about a tailgate, or did you simply make a fixed box?
I bought the TSC carry all for my father to put on his B series, and it works great. I found it to be one of the least expensive ways to go. We bolted a pallet onto it for the base and may eventually add walls. For what he uses it for (moving barrels) it is fine as is. Check out the one at TSC and you can usually get a 10% coupon as well. Good luck. PS-When I did my research, I recall a few threads here of projects that included wheels on the bottom and more elaborate set ups that included doors,etc..

/ Carryalls #15  
TSC frame. Carries wood very well.

Attachments

• 2013FireWood3.JPG
    2013FireWood3.JPG
    564.5 KB · Views: 290
  • 2013FireWood2.JPG
    2013FireWood2.JPG
    809.4 KB · Views: 259
   / Carryalls #17  
Mine is not TS but a brand that I don't recognize that I found at local dealer, and seems to be more stoutly built. I didn't build any sides or back and this works fine for me. I put fire wood on it crosswise, loaded up to the headboard in front but tapered down the back. With split wood I can easily get up my moderately steep gravel driveway to the house with all want to off-load and carry to the house in one session (it's around 100 ft. from the nearest area I can get the tractor to the woodpile at the house).

When I am carrying rounds out of the woods I put a few odd-shaped pieces at the bottom on the back to keep them from rolling off, stack it up nearly square, and tie it down with rope. I have hooks mounted near the bottom of the headboard and under the last floorboard at the back for this purpose, and this method works fine for me.

If I were using it a lot more, say if I were heating exclusively with wood, I might want to do something else, but using it only a few times a year for carrying wood this works fine, was simple to make, and leaves the bed clear for other types of loads.

Terry

/ Carryalls #18  
Mine is not TS but a brand that I don't recognize that I found at local dealer, and seems to be more stoutly built. I didn't build any sides or back and this works fine for me. I put fire wood on it crosswise, loaded up to the headboard in front but tapered down the back. With split wood I can easily get up my moderately steep gravel driveway to the house with all want to off-load and carry to the house in one session (it's around 100 ft. from the nearest area I can get the tractor to the woodpile at the house).

When I am carrying rounds out of the woods I put a few odd-shaped pieces at the bottom on the back to keep them from rolling off, stack it up nearly square, and tie it down with rope. I have hooks mounted near the bottom of the headboard and under the last floorboard at the back for this purpose, and this method works fine for me.

If I were using it a lot more, say if I were heating exclusively with wood, I might want to do something else, but using it only a few times a year for carrying wood this works fine, was simple to make, and leaves the bed clear for other types of loads.

Terry

I think this idea is important. That is why I put removable stakes on mine rather than a box. I use tha flat deck with the stakes removed alot.

/ Carryalls #19