CARS FROM YOUR PAST

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST #11  
The one I miss the most? My first. 1968 Z/28 w/Ralley Sport package. I believe the color was called Meridian Blue, w/ white stripes. It was showroom stock when I got it. My brother-in-law bought it new, and in less than 24 hours, lost his license. I bought it while I was still 15. Had to wait almost a year before I could drive it. I paid $1400. Saw one in Car Craft Mag just like it a few years back. It fetched $55,000

I proceeded to "butcher it" no sooner than I got my license. Crager mags, big tires on the back. Air shocks, Lakewood "J-bars" (traction bars) Line locks. (Talk about your giant smokey burnouts!) An Edelbrock intake, and a 650 double pumper Holley. Hooker headers, and a few other incidentals.

After I left for the Army, I had my dad sell it for me. $2500. Probably the only car I've ever owned that I actually got MORE out of than I paid.

2nd on the hit parade? A 1984 Toyota SR5 4WD truck. Lift kit, big tires, a winch, killer stereo, and 300,000 trouble-free miles.

3rd. 1967 Chevy II Nova I bought when I returned from Army. 325 HP 327/4 speed Super Sport package. Black w/ black interior. Also showroom stock when I bought it. 6 months after I bought it, I tried to move a 30" dia. oak tree. The tree didn't move. Neither did I for a couple months. OUCH!

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST #12  
One of my favorites and I still have in the shed, 1973 Grandville, 455, loaded (no cruise), and less than 26,000 actual miles.

Attachments

• 790229-DSCN0099.jpg
    790229-DSCN0099.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 245
   / CARS FROM YOUR PAST #13  
First: My 1969 Ford Mustang Mach-I. First car I ever owned. Was a girl magnet /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Second: My 1995 Chevy Suburban (Jacked up, 4X4, Jet Black, License plate was "Hik Mobl")
Third: My 1979 Honda Civic. I think it might have weighed 1,000lbs soaking wet, but was great to drive.

Alas, I have parted with all three, but I have a deal with the CFO that if I ever see a '69 Mach-I that is within budget, we're going to snap it up!

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST #14  
1st: '70 Plymouth SuperBird, 440 6 pak, 4 speed. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
2nd: '69 Plymoth GTX, Street hemi, 4 speed. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
3rd: '76 Ford F-250 HiBoy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Many others I'd like to have back, but none as much as these.

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST #15  
Man Beagdog -- you sure had a good time 30 years ago.

My father was a small town Chrysler Plymouth dealer and one summer day in '69 he pointed out the window of the show room and said "get a licence plate and put it on that Road Runner with screws and take it home." Putting a plate on with screws meant you could keep it for a while so I was just blown away. It was a special Car of the Year edition in a special red-orange called Performance Red. It had black hood stripes, a black vinyl top, bucket seats with console, road wheels, red stripe tires, and as part of the package these door-sized road runner decals on each door. It couldn't have been more perfect when you're 17. Thanks Dad.

But one of my favorites was a '76 Fury Sport. It had a 360 in it and was white with a white vinyl half roof, thin red stripes, a bright red interior, and big road wheels and tires. My brother put gas shocks on it and it just ran and handled great. I drove it from Syracuse to Chicago to Albuquerque to Phoenix to Washington and points in between repeatedly and always thought it was the best road car ever. Probably not on a lot of favorites lists, but the kind of car that just isn't around anymore.

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST #16  
1st best car was 1941 Studebaker-champion
2nd best car was 1949 Chevrolet - deluxe
3rd best car was 1956 Chevrolet- 2 door hard top convertible.
Of the 3 cars, the 56 was the best and missed the most.
It was the first new car I ever bought. Thought I died and
went to heaven with that thing. Automatic transmission-WOW,
White sidewall tires, fender skirts, rear aerial, vinyl seats.
fender lights, curb finders, headlight scoops.& don't remember
if anything else. Never forget that car! Thanks for bumping my memory.

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST #17  
We were probably each others biggest envy-your dad had a Chrysler dealership and mine had a filling station. Good thing too, I used a lot of gas and a lot of tires!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST #18  
#1 59 Pontiac tudoor hardtop, deep dish reverse chrome, baby moons, 3-2's, cam etc. B&M hydro, glass packs. Blue with white top, burnt allot of premium gas and left allot of rubber on Van Nuys Blvd in the mid 60's

#2 56 Pontiac convertible, basically stock except for black tuck-n-roll interior.
#3 49 Ford, first car
#4 57 Chevy Convertible
#5 76 Vett
#6 94 Vett

/ CARS FROM YOUR PAST #19  
That is a very hard one to answer.

1, 66 Chevy Malibu SS 396 Convertible, 4 speed, posi,
dual exhaust.

2, 66 GTO Convertible, w/ 455 HO, trips, 400 Turbo, headers,
posi, Line-Lock. 6 MPG. average

3, 64 Chevelle Malibu SS, 283, 4 speed, posi, dual exhaust.

4, 71 Datsun 240 Z small, fast and fun to drive.

5, 71 Chevy Monte Carlo.

6, 56 Chevy 2 door hardtop 327V8 4 speed, posi.

7, 56 Chevy 2 door Sedan 265 V8 3 on the tree all stock.

Now I'm into square BMW's and having a blast with them. Presently own a 88 535is pictured, 89 325i 2 door, 87 325is 2 door and 2 parts cars.

Attachments

• 790429-BMW1.jpg
    790429-BMW1.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 154
   / CARS FROM YOUR PAST #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It's a difficult question because I still have them all!
)</font>

All right, Ultrarunner, where do I find the pics? sounds like you've got a nice collection, worth sharing.