Dirt Moving Case 310 Bulldozer

/ Case 310 Bulldozer #11  
Take good look at the tracks and under carriage and the sprockets. Make sure the rollers are in good shape. Nothing worse than throwing a track while you're working it. All things being equal I'd go for the diesel but hard starting with a block heater(assuming the heater is working) is not a good sign. If you only plan on using it in the summer it might be OK. You'll really have to go look at them and run them a bit to see which one is the better of the two.

/ Case 310 Bulldozer
I purchased the Diesel 310 ! It is in great shape and everything works but the winch.....the previous owner thinks there is a problem with the solenoid, like the fluid is bypassing.....when you move the toggle lever, there is no pressure or resistance ! Do you or anyone else know where I can purchase this part ? I am very excited to buy and own this Dozer, and I can't wait to get it home. It is a five hour drive from my house and I have contacted several people to work out a shipping price for me. It unfortunately is going to cost approx. 700.00 to get it moved. I have a Diesel 3/4 ton Ford, but not a trailer heavy enough to safely carry it. I will likely build a three axel or heavy tandem axel trailer over the next few months so I can move the dozer or a vehicle when I require it. Thanks to all for your interest and comments ! Melville6

/ Case 310 Bulldozer #13  
Melville6, cool:cool: please post some pictures of it once you get it. We all like pictures of equipment and it is nice to see what people get.

Thanks;)

/ Case 310 Bulldozer #14  
I purchased the Diesel 310 ! It is in great shape and everything works but the winch.....the previous owner thinks there is a problem with the solenoid, like the fluid is bypassing.....when you move the toggle lever, there is no pressure or resistance ! Do you or anyone else know where I can purchase this part ? I am very excited to buy and own this Dozer, and I can't wait to get it home. It is a five hour drive from my house and I have contacted several people to work out a shipping price for me. It unfortunately is going to cost approx. 700.00 to get it moved. I have a Diesel 3/4 ton Ford, but not a trailer heavy enough to safely carry it. I will likely build a three axel or heavy tandem axel trailer over the next few months so I can move the dozer or a vehicle when I require it. Thanks to all for your interest and comments ! Melville6

What does the case 310 diesel weigh? I would guess about 7-8K.
$5K seems like a good price. Brian's price was even better. Those kind of deals rarely come up here for that price. I would not mind paying 3-5K for a dozer that size even though I don't have an immediate use for one.

/ Case 310 Bulldozer #15  
What does the case 310 diesel weigh? I would guess about 7-8K.
$5K seems like a good price. Brian's price was even better. Those kind of deals rarely come up here for that price. I would not mind paying 3-5K for a dozer that size even though I don't have an immediate use for one.

My purchase cost was over 18 years ago though. I only mentioned the cost to show that I don't have a ton of money invested in it. The 310s are GREAT farm-ranch tractors IMO. ;)

/ Case 310 Bulldozer #16  
I kept a D310 G for several years. The track tension will never hold on slopes and if you drive over logs or sticks so always look before you drive on a side slope. 1st gear does all the work for forward and reverse so expect it to wear out and no new parts are available. Look for a spare especially the transmission differential. I sold mine because I had installed a $2500 rebuilt transmission ran it for a while and then replaced the 1 st gear.
Otherwise is a great machine gas or diesel