Oil & Fuel Case 530D case-o-matic won't start

/ Case 530D case-o-matic won't start #1  

rwilcox7

Tractor
Case 530 TC
I bought a 1966 530D case-o-matic loader/backhoe that I replace the differential over the winter. I had it running (sounded awesome) and took it for a drive up into my field on the way back down about 15 minutes later coming down a short hill the motor loaded up, (I thought because I was going down the hill) but at the bottom it seemed to stay under load and when I throttled back it staled. Now it won't start, it cranks slow (like something is still loaded up) after cranking for a short time the starter from the solenoid to the starter wire is extremely hot (like smokin hot) I removed the starter and there is hydraulic fluid in it. Has anyone seen this or have any ideas?
note: I have taken the hoe and loader off of it and have just capped the hydraulic lines.

/ Case 530D case-o-matic won't start #2  
I'm so sure you can just cap the H lines to the hoe you'll dead head the pump. Hook the lines together so the oil can circulate.

/ Case 530D case-o-matic won't start
Thanks Bill
it worked like it was meant to be
I almost had that on my own but my quick connects didn't match and I could push the buttons in on them after cranking, so I removed the mating end quick connect from the hoe and put on the tractor, connected the line to make a loop and it started right up, so thanks a lot for your wisdom.

Ron

/ Case 530D case-o-matic won't start #4  
Your very welcome Ron I'm happy I was of help with my limited knowledge before you damaged your pump. The internet is a tool I sure could have used to save a lot of trial and error when I got my first backhoe back in the late 80's. I learn far more here than I'm able to give.