Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion"

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion" #11  
Bukitcase, great post!!! The pic is priceless!!!

I'm betting these units are hard to find?

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion" #12  
Yes on the great post!! Just what the op needed to know :thumbsup:
I'll shut up now.:D

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion" #13  
That's not a conversion, that's just switching attachments. :D

Bruce

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion" #14  
"That's not a conversion, that's just switching attachments"

True, but how many "attachment swaps" require a couple 1-1/2" wrenches, 4 feet of pipe, and 2 "bolt/clevise" pieces that require 450 foot pounds of torque? :D

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion" #15  
"I'm betting these units are hard to find? "

Probably so Richard - I haven't used mine since I got a couple other used tractors - but lately I've been eyeing it with evil thoughts running thru the "mad scientist" section of my brain - after a few more projects get either done or scrapped, I'm gonna look at the possibility of converting it to a FRONT HITCH for one of my "loaderless" tractors, so I can put a quick hitch on the front for non-pto stuff - seems that, with age, my head is even LESS fond of trying to rotate as far as Linda Blair's (Exorcist, in case nobody remembers)

Anyway, extending frame rails shouldn't be a problem but beefing front axles may change my mind... Steve

(The UP side, if it works at all - definitely will NOT need other front weights for ANY implement that tractor can pull - did I mention these beasts are HEAVY??!? I doubt if ANY part of that "adapter" is thinner than 3/4" steel other than a couple of small "thinner" 1/2" parts - I'd guess the unit weighs around 5-600 pounds WITHOUT anything attached)

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion" #16  
I LOVE Linda Blair. A real head turner!

IMG_1424.JPG

Terry

/ Case 580 ck backhoe "conversion" #17  
Steve, Europeans have had a "3pt" hitch on the front of their FWA tractors for a long time. I say go for it!!!! Would be awesome, especially if a Quick Hitch was adapted to it. Easy pick up of a weight rack, non-angle dozer blade, etc. :thumbsup: