Case 580 SK CAV pump leak question

/ Case 580 SK CAV pump leak question #1  

Case58

Tractor
Case 580 SK
Hello all , my first ever post.
I am rural property owner , very remote location and so I have to be operator and mechanic. Injection pump started to leak and since there is zero chance to get someone over to fix it , I would like to ask you all for help. Engine runs great , cold or hot starts on first turn and I don't feel loss of power , only issue is that there is diesel fuel dripping all over my property and I would like to fix that leak. Dealer here on Vancouver Island is useless not knowing answer to any of my questions.
I have marked where it is leaking with red circle. I believe that it is leaking under that big bolt and I am not sure if there is o ring or some kind of seal which may be bad , I want to ask first before I take it apart and possibly break something. Fuel is definitely not coming out of throttle or upper cover.
Love my Case , it is old retired muscle with lots of life in it. Please help.

Attachments

• Pump (Medium).jpg
    Pump (Medium).jpg
    221 KB · Views: 757
  • Detail (Medium).jpg
    Detail (Medium).jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 363
   / Case 580 SK CAV pump leak question #2  
There are "steel"/Teflon washers under the hi pressure outlets.. 1 on each side.. you can try copper if you have them.. they torque to 25 ft lbs.
BE CAREFUL if using copper washers.. thickness is IMPORTANT !!! To THIN & the screw will bottom in the hole & bad things will happen..
As long as its leaking from the throttle too, you may as well buy a kit// 7135-110 online.. it will have all the gaskets & seals to do the top cover leak & have all the outlet washers too..
Then there are videos online to walk you thru the TC leak.. IF you were closer I'd send the washers to you..

/ Case 580 SK CAV pump leak question #3  
There are "steel"/Teflon washers under the hi pressure outlets.. 1 on each side.. you can try copper if you have them.. they torque to 25 ft lbs.
BE CAREFUL if using copper washers.. thickness is IMPORTANT !!! To THIN & the screw will bottom in the hole & bad things will happen..
As long as its leaking from the throttle too, you may as well buy a kit// 7135-110 online.. it will have all the gaskets & seals to do the top cover leak & have all the outlet washers too..
Then there are videos online to walk you thru the TC leak.. IF you were closer I'd send the washers to you..

/ Case 580 SK CAV pump leak question

Hello "thepumpguysc" , great info - I found kit here in Canada and placed order on ebay. Would steel/Teflon washer torque to 25 ft lbs as well? I will not be using copper washers as I don't know where would I get them here. By referring to watch videos, what TC leak means? Sorry I tried to look, but only weird videos would show up with no diesel pump in them :laughing:. Once again I thank you for your time and help. Rob

/ Case 580 SK CAV pump leak question #5  
TC= top cover
or search throttle shaft leak.. or cav overhaul/rebuild or DPA rebuild..