Case Agri King 1370 - Are they any good???

/ Case Agri King 1370 - Are they any good??? #1  

cpainter

Tractor
Kubota L4400
I'm about to go look at a Case Agri King 1370 that's been sitting in a pasture for 3 years. They say it ran out of fuel and they just parked it. I can buy it for $800. Do you guys think it's worth looking at? What should I look out for? Thanks for the help.

/ Case Agri King 1370 - Are they any good??? #2  
Engines were golden when taken Care of as most things
But trans was pricy just stuff I remember from the farmers who ran them

/ Case Agri King 1370 - Are they any good??? #3  
I'm about to go look at a Case Agri King 1370 that's been sitting in a pasture for 3 years. They say it ran out of fuel and they just parked it. I can buy it for $800. Do you guys think it's worth looking at? What should I look out for? Thanks for the help.

Have had one since the late 80s, strong motor but tranny can be an issue (ours hasn’t) if it starts and shifts through all the ranges is a start. Can get spendy quick if it doesn’t. l would think it would scrap out for more than $800

/ Case Agri King 1370 - Are they any good???
Well, I went and looked at it yesterday. I couldn't get my truck to it due to all the mesquite growth around it...I think it's been sitting a little longer than 3 years. It was rougher than I thought with a lot of rust. I don't know if it will run or not. I had planned to throw some jumper cables on the starter, spray some ether in the intake, and try the old screwdriver on the starter terminals trick, but the mesquite stood in the way. I was thinking I would drive it home if I could have started it, it would go thru the gears, and I could get the tires to hold air since I don't have a trailer heavy duty enough to haul it. I think this one would be best for somebody who can haul it away.

/ Case Agri King 1370 - Are they any good??? #5  
To bad, better luck next time. At 12-13,000 pounds it would take a decent trailer for sure.

/ Case Agri King 1370 - Are they any good??? #6  
Since the decision has been made, and not wanting to distract from the topic...
I will go on record that 80's Case tractors were the ugliest tractors ever made.

/ Case Agri King 1370 - Are they any good???
Since the decision has been made, and not wanting to distract from the topic...
I will go on record that 80's Case tractors were the ugliest tractors ever made.
It WAS hideous, but we live in a pretty remote spot and, chances are, I could have kept it hidden. If spotted, I could have denied any association.

/ Case Agri King 1370 - Are they any good??? #10  
Well, I went and looked at it yesterday. I couldn't get my truck to it due to all the mesquite growth around it...I think it's been sitting a little longer than 3 years. It was rougher than I thought with a lot of rust. I don't know if it will run or not. I had planned to throw some jumper cables on the starter, spray some ether in the intake, and try the old screwdriver on the starter terminals trick, but the mesquite stood in the way. I was thinking I would drive it home if I could have started it, it would go thru the gears, and I could get the tires to hold air since I don't have a trailer heavy duty enough to haul it. I think this one would be best for somebody who can haul it away.

Good decision, unless you want to part it out