Case DX40 Pulling Plows

/ Case DX40 Pulling Plows
hmmm interesting.
I think if it werent for the front mount snowblower I might look at soemthing else because of the plowing. Ill keep my options open I didnt know the HST would be such a problem.

thanks

/ Case DX40 Pulling Plows #12  
Here we go again, the minute someone mentions hydrostat and plow in the same sentence, people automatically say, can't do it. We're only talking 5 acres here, I assume 40 hp, two bottom 14" won't be a problem at all unless you have concrete.

/ Case DX40 Pulling Plows #13  
milkman said:
Here we go again, the minute someone mentions hydrostat and plow in the same sentence, people automatically say, can't do it.

Which poster in this thread made a statement that the hydrostat tractor wouldn't pull a plow?

/ Case DX40 Pulling Plows #15  
So are you saying a Hydro tranny is just as good as a gear tranny for tillage work?

/ Case DX40 Pulling Plows #16  
Friedmanfarms,
While I like my geared tractor better than a hydro, I think hydro is better for you due to the snowblower. You'll be clearing snow many more hours per year than you'll be pulling a plow. It will take you longer to plow with that hydro but you'll get it done, and it's only once a year. Get the R1 ag tires though. There's no perfect tractor for everything, and I think you'll enjoy the DX40 (especially the cab).

Good solid answer I appreciate it!

/ Case DX40 Pulling Plows #18  
I have a drive over 1000' long with curves and a decent grade, and we get some heavy snows too. I had a tough decision, contemplating a DX40 or similar to take advantage of the hydro and a snow blower, or DX55 for more power but limited to a blade on the front of the loader. I went with the 55 becasue I have over 20 acres and wasn't sure how much tillage I'll be doing in the future. My main concern was still having something that could clear the snow though. It's amazing how trapped you feel with a couple feet of snow, blowing and drifting into huge drifts, and the power and phones go out.

my 773 bobcat with heat and hyd snowblower is amazing, can get in all the nooks and crannies as well. I hate to see it go and hope im not losing much with tractor snow blower. One pass down the driveway, one pass up the driveway and Im done. ususally 2-3 foot snow drifts are no problem for bobcat, but it will sit March-Nov doing nothing.

/ Case DX40 Pulling Plows #20  
I have a TC 40A and I use a 2 bottom plow. I have a mixture of soil in my area that ranges from clay to sandy soil. I don't have any conerns when it comes to having enough power. My tractor does fine with filled R4 tires except when the soil is muddy. In my opinion, R4 tires just don't do well in thick mud.

When I purchased my tractor I looked at the TC 40DA, but I decided to go with the gear since most of the work I would be using my tractor was for grading the 1 mile gravel road and for plowing small food plots. If I were using my tractor for more FEL work and for mowing around the house, then I would have purchased the TC 40DA.

I don't think my tracotr would work as well with the 3 bottom plow in my area. The 2 bottom plow is all I want at times.