Case IH 1140

/ Case IH 1140 #1  

medic399

Tractor
Case IH 1140
Greeting I am new,, I purchased my first ever real tractor a case 1140 2 wheel drive has the 72 inch belly mower by woods I am excited! but nervous questions have raised and I am nervous I might do some things wrong I was told to join a forum site so I am, I am curious on a few things I know it might sound silly but .

this Mitsubishi 3 cylinder diesel engine with 1140 hours I know weird a 1140 with 1140 hours! when I do a oil change what oil should I use?
I know get the service manual but I want honest seasoned veterans response I believe in the books but believe more what folks use.

also I would say there's a dip stick and fill cap right between the seat on what looks like the transmission or rear case when I pulled that out it was under pressure . a burst of air poofed out, should this be of concern? I don't want to blow out any seals or anything the tractor it self has no visible leaks also on said dip stick it is at " A " I am assuming add but it looks like new engine oil a yellowish golden color, is this where the HY-TRAN go's? so the hydrostatic transmission and hydraulics system both share the same? would it also be safe to say that the power steering is also from the same location? should I drain and refill or just add? what would you do? I noticed on a website diagram there is a drain plug I just don't know how many gallons are in this system. you would think there is a labeling decal or something but there isn't. I am also thinking of doing a complete engine coolant flush the stuff inside looks brown and rusty what should I place in it 50/50 mix of regular coolant? I appreciate you taking the time to read this I don't want to ask to many questions!

/ Case IH 1140 #2  
:welcome:

Congrats on your new Case!

I'm going to move your thread over to our Case-IH section to see if we can get you a few answers to those questions :)