Case IH 5240

/ Case IH 5240 #1  

blaydenW1

Tractor
1996 case ih 5240
I was wondering if there are any members out there familiar with the Case IH 5240. I'm looking at purchasing a 1996 model. I am curious as to any thoughts on this tractor. we plan to use it for small logging operations and general tractor use. It has around 5450 hours. Cab was damaged and removed due to a roof collapsing on it. Mechanically I believe it's sound. Any thoughts on it hydraulics? I read somewhere that the hydraulics tend to run on the slower side... thanks for any thoughts

/ Case IH 5240 #2  
5.9 cummins under the hood, bullet proof trans, think you'll find these are a sought after tractor in good condition. You may want to ask on Red Power where the bigger tractors often get discussed.

/ Case IH 5240
Thank you. I am just starting to explore the different forums. I am learning lots and your words on the tractor are very reassuring thank you

/ Case IH 5240 #4  
Just 2 weeks ago there was one that came up on our local Kijiji(Craigslist equivalent) 5500 hrs, 4 wd, factory loader for $32k Cdn.($27 US). I first saw the ad at 10pm, was going to call the next morning but it was removed already as sold. I'm still watching if it comes up for resale for another $5-10k, I agree its a desirable machine.

/ Case IH 5240
Just 2 weeks ago there was one that came up on our local Kijiji(Craigslist equivalent) 5500 hrs, 4 wd, factory loader for $32k Cdn.($27 US). I first saw the ad at 10pm, was going to call the next morning but it was removed already as sold. I'm still watching if it comes up for resale for another $5-10k, I agree its a desirable machine.
I went ahead and bought the tractor. It's a brute. I ordered an operator's manual and the service manuals. The tractor needs some TLC. I have some things to sort out with the 3pt hitch. It needs to be reset from what I can tell but I'm going to wait until the operator's manual comes in before I really get into it. I plan to add a backhoe attachment

/ Case IH 5240
I went ahead and bought the tractor. It's a brute. I ordered an operator's manual and the service manuals. The tractor needs some TLC. I have some things to sort out with the 3pt hitch. It needs to be reset from what I can tell but I'm going to wait until the operator's manual comes in before I really get into it. I plan to add a backhoe attachment
not the one you were talking about on Craigslist...

/ Case IH 5240 #7  
No, but I guess the Cummins engine is only one component. Good luck with it.