Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA?

/ Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA? #11  
I bought a New Holland TC33DA Supersteer with FEL and rear flail mower for my 7.7 acres. The supersteer is a must have option if you have any trees to mow around. It is amazing how tight you can turn and turn around. The whole front axle pivots along with the wheels and I would never be without it again. I have a Kubota B7800 at my mountain property and there is no comparison.

/ Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA? #12  
Welcome to TBN /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif. You have chosen two very nice tractors to pick from. They are identical except for the supersteer option on the NH and the headlights. The NH headlights are much better looking /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif. If you have narrowed it down to this point, I would suggest that you check out the dealers. A good dealer that you are comfortable with can make a big difference.
As far as pricing, I priced both through "A-plan" and received the exact same price. This leads me to believe that the two dealers pay the same price and any difference in selling price is controlled by those dealers.
Let us know which tractor you decide on: the Case with those plain, old style headlights /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif or the NH with those new, cool looking vertical headlights /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

/ Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA?
Thanks for the link Doyle. There was a load of good information there.

If I read the Minnesota contract correctly, the state got a 16% discount off list, probably for buying a bunch of tractors. So, I probably should expect less of a discount or "negotiating room" than that when I approach a dealer?

/ Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA? #14  
Jim,

That is an understatement !! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Doyle

Using 2003 list prices, the TC33DA with hydro transmission, supersteer, a 15LA loader, and industrial tires was about $24000.

One of the internet sites in Texas advertised this same package for $19500, but I'm guessing the shipping costs to Wisconsin would eat up most of that savings.

/ Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA? #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( One of the internet sites in Texas advertised this same package for $19500, but I'm guessing the shipping costs to Wisconsin would eat up most of that savings.
)</font>

We've been told by a dealer who frequents TBN that all dealers pay the same price for their tractors. If the Texas dealer can sell a tractor for $19,500, your dealer should be able to sell very close to that. The difference is his costs of running his dealership and shipping. I think that price is right for the 33DA. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

This is the best local deal I've found so far on a new tractor. Does this price seem reasonable?

New Holland TC33DA tractor
hydrostatic transmission
Supersteer
Industrial R4 tires
15LA front end loader
60 inch bucket

$20895 - with 3 year 0% financing

/ Case IH DX33 vs New Holland TC33DA? #19  
Two years ago I got the same set up except for the 7308 loader and the older style TC29D with Super-Steer and R4's. However I did get a 72"MMM on top of that and paid around $19,500 for it. I am in the Midwest also.(SE Minnesota). Two years newer, new style, nicer loader you are probably doing ok but you may be able to get some more out of your dealer?? If you like the dealer and feel he will treat you right then it will be well worth it. The 72" MMM ran about $2500.00 if I remember right.

Murph