Case IH Warranty claims

/ Case IH Warranty claims #1  

Hobbyfarmgirl

Tractor
Case Ih Farmall 60B
Hi,
I have a Case IH Farmall 60B tractor it’s about 13 months old, 220 hours and still covered by warranty.

It developed an engine noise and lost power when I went to up the revs to turn on the PTO.

The dealer has done a pressure test, and said there were bits of metal in the oil. They say it needs a new engine but have not opened the engine up.

They want nearly $4,000 to do the tests to find out what is wrong and the cause to put in a warranty claim.

Has anyone else had a major warranty claim and had to do this?

/ Case IH Warranty claims #2  
Seems like if they identified an issue any tests now or before would be covered by warranty. Should call the next level of supervisors and also find a copy of what is and not covered under warranty.

/ Case IH Warranty claims #3  
Sounds fishy to me, you've got an easily seen/heard problem, no power, metal in the oil and still under warranty but they still want to charge you $4K to find out what's wrong.
Tell them you don't really care what's wrong, just remove the noise, give you back your power and remove the metal from the oil. I'd be complaining to someone higher up the food chain.

/ Case IH Warranty claims #4  
I’ve heard about this with cars and trucks. “We have to figure out what is wrong and it might be covered by warranty depending on what’s wrong”. In the mean time they charge you a bunch of money. They should just fix it and turn it in as warranty work.

/ Case IH Warranty claims #5  
Case seems to have a good program for working with owners. I would go straight to them. For a tractor that new, it should not have been touched for any maintenance. So should have factory fill still in it. The dealer is looking for someone to blame. I would deal with CNH directly.

/ Case IH Warranty claims #6  
I’ve heard about this with cars and trucks. “We have to figure out what is wrong and it might be covered by warranty depending on what’s wrong”
I've never heard of such a thing.
I can see it if there could be some sort of doubt as to warranty or not...clutch or brakes worn out for example but in this case I'd be hard pressed to understand it. Not saying they wouldn't try it mind you, just saying I don't understand it :).