Case IH495

/ Case IH495 #1  

l200pef

Tractor
John Deere
The clutch plate will not disengage.
I have split the engine 6 times now and the new clutch plate has been rubbing on the rivets of the centre of the clutch plate and centre boss. I have fitted the clutch plate the right way round (flywheel side) as instructions. The only thing I have done different is to have the flywheel skimmed. How many times can you have a flywheel surface re-skimmed? Anyone any ideas. Also do you have to adjust the fingers on the pressure plate? to take up the tolerance of haveing the flywheel skimmed.
Thank you

/ Case IH495 #2  
are you sure you put the plate in the right direction? is the pilot bearing good? do you have the right clutch and pressure plate?maybe the fly wheel was cut wrong? post picture of the flywheel ,let me look at it.

/ Case IH495
are you sure you put the plate in the right direction? is the pilot bearing good? do you have the right clutch and pressure plate?maybe the fly wheel was cut wrong? post picture of the flywheel ,let me look at it.
Yes it has flywheel side written on the plate. The pilot bearing is good. It is a pattened clutch plate not IH but I have now fitted an IH clutch plate. It is the orginial pressure plate which was only fitted last year. The only difference is I have had the flywheel skimmed and since doing so the clutch plate centre boss with the splin part rubs on the pressure plate centre splin hence the reason I think it might be the fylwheel being skimmed that is causing the problem? When you press the clutch pedal down it grinds to go into gear so you switch of the engine, put it in gear, restart it and it tries to drive.
Thank you for your comments it is appreciated not sure where to go from here maybe a new fylwheel? Oh can you only machine the fylwheel once or twice not sure what the correct size of the flywheel should measure it is an 11 inch laycock clutch.

/ Case IH495 #4  
Most IH flywheels are a two step and it really depends on who turns it and if they keep it at the right measurements. With the aggressive discs most flywheels will only handle between two maybe three times to be in spec.

I think that there were two styles disc for that model tractor.

/ Case IH495 #5  
i was thinking like art if it is a 2 step flywheel that might be the problem and there are 2 different clutches for that tractor .the 2 step flywheels have to be turned on a lathe.

/ Case IH495
Thank you very much for all the replies/input. I have decided to purchase a new flywheel and pressure plate orginial Case IH parts. I will let you know what happens.