Case SV185 Opinions/Experience ?

/ Case SV185 Opinions/Experience ? #1  

MBTRAC

Gold Member
Tractor
Tractors16-600hp Farm & Earthmoving Equip, Trucks etc.
We need to add another skid steer to our equipment & we're about to settle on a Case SV185 (with hiflow option) - hence seeking your opinions/experience with this machine prior to parting with our $'s.

Our intented use is predominately contracting on light-medium duty roadside scrub clean ups/loading + fitting an FAE mulcher (clearing under powerlines) - there'll be no heavy work required (e.g like stump grinding)

All input welcome.

/ Case SV185 Opinions/Experience ? #2  
I don't think you will have adequate engine hp (57hp) or operating capacity to effectively operate a mulching head. A stump grinder would actually be easier on the machine compared to a mulching head.

/ Case SV185 Opinions/Experience ?
Thanks - this was one of my concerns as we run mulching heads fine on our 100hp gear (mostly on Takeuchi TL150's ) but I'm skeptical about a much lesser powered machine, the thing in the little Case's favour though is hydraulic output c.30gpm @3000psi (manufacturer quoted spec's as opposed to real world experience ) & reduced running costs on the light duties we envisage ( any heavy going & we'll bring in our more robust "tools of trade").