Cat 1 Ratchet top link - source??

/ Cat 1 Ratchet top link - source?? #21  
Good job!!! I did that 9 months ago for $20 and no fab. I just don't use it that much anymore now that I have gauge wheels on all my implements /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Cheers!

Attachments

• 842504-DSCN1786a.jpg
    842504-DSCN1786a.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 440
   / Cat 1 Ratchet top link - source??
Excellent job. Bet you don't have to worry about overstressing the handle on that bad boy, either! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I still think some tractor-savvy person with a small fab shop is missing out on a nice little pocket change market by not making these and selling them. I looked hard and long before I did this, and just could not find one. I would have preferred buying one outright. If I had a little more shop room (and maybe a little more welding skill) I'd be buying the pieces and making up about three different lengths to stock and sell. A guy could just make and prime them all, and spray-can them to match the tractor color after the order comes in. Gotta be a few bucks on the table there for somebody who can make them up - assuming he didn't take a whole day to build one, like me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Cat 1 Ratchet top link - source?? #23  
I almost gave up on the video before it got to the part about the self contained hydraulic top link... that is a GREAT idea!! I would like to hear madreferee's thoughts on that one, and perhaps a set of plans to build one /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif. It doesn't look too complicated.

/ Cat 1 Ratchet top link - source?? #24  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Excellent job. Bet you don't have to worry about overstressing the handle on that bad boy, either! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I still think some tractor-savvy person with a small fab shop is missing out on a nice little pocket change market by not making these and selling them. I looked hard and long before I did this, and just could not find one. I would have preferred buying one outright. If I had a little more shop room (and maybe a little more welding skill) I'd be buying the pieces and making up about three different lengths to stock and sell. A guy could just make and prime them all, and spray-can them to match the tractor color after the order comes in. Gotta be a few bucks on the table there for somebody who can make them up - assuming he didn't take a whole day to build one, like me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif )</font>

Picker, assuming someone did pick up on this and what would you be willing to pay for one?

/ Cat 1 Ratchet top link - source?? #26  
I'll be darned! Cool to know somebody's making them.
Cheers!

/ Cat 1 Ratchet top link - source?? #27  
For $100. You got to be joking. They must be gold plated. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Agri-Supply has a similar one for less than $30.

/ Cat 1 Ratchet top link - source?? #28  
I received mine and am sending it back - it stated it was for Cat 1 & 2, but nothing in there to make it a Cat 1, just Cat 2 ends. It appears to be well-made (in India), and I would have probably kept it if it was Cat 1 capable (and I know I could use collars, etc to make it useable, but I didn't pay $100 + shipping to have to modify it). I looked on TSC and Agri-Supply's websites and didn't see a ratcheting toplink listed.

mooseman

/ Cat 1 Ratchet top link - source?? #29  
ASC has a ratchet jack. [$20]You will have to modify the ends with a weld on ball and socket. I'm looking for one right now.. bcs

/ Cat 1 Ratchet top link - source?? #30  
Another solution would be a gear mechanism that could be driven by a hand drill. And a bold on pocket to hold a drill.