Cat 299d

/ Cat 299d #52  
you cant force any cat machine...... they use a passive system that runs continuously when at temp. and only runs a active cycle when you run for long periods of time at low speed and low load

/ Cat 299d #53  
Thanks ring power tally, that spacer you listed for the tracks, can you give me more detail, I talked with both local dealers and they don't know anything about it. If we would go from kicking track 10 to 15 times a week to none, that would be approximately 3 hours more cutting time per week which would really help.

/ Cat 299d #54  
i will see what i can do...... i will tell you this, the DEALER NEEDS TO PERFORM this modification........ you do not have the tools to break down a recoil spring pack.......... if you try to take it apart ypu will not survive to talk about it.......just saying........

/ Cat 299d #56  
Ring power tally, both the dealerships I have around me say there is no update and say they will not put the spacer in, what should I do, I have a mechanic at a Bobcat shop I am good friend with, should I have him do it? I do not understand why they will not work with me, its like they do not want the inconvenience because its not big equipment.

/ Cat 299d #57  
I am so sorry to hear that buddy!!!!!!!!! thats how our dealer ships where before the CCE came back to us and taken away from the heavy department.............I just cant legally tell you the part number..... if some one was to go to a dealer with the part number and buy the parts then attempt to pull the recoil spring apart and gets hurt or killed.......guess how hangs on the hook for that!!!!!! I just hope you under stand where im coming from....... is there a Rental Store at your Cat dealer? if there is you might want to try to get them to help....... if you want to make the drive, i would be more than happy to fix your tractor for you....... takes about 2 hours to do the mod