cat 299d

/ cat 299d #1  

poplinlandservice

Tractor
bobcat t870
ok so i had the chance to run the new cat 299d today, it took me about 30 sec to see i never will own one. when i look it over the back door is weak its a screen to allow the ac to work it might last 2 days in the woods. now on to the cab its smaller than the old ones. im a big guy 6'4 300 lbs its way to small for me. But it is a strong tractor, if you wont to know more pm me i will give you my number

/ cat 299d #2  
Aight u got to give me more details, I'm in the process of working out a deal with cat now on the 299d xhp an hm415.

/ cat 299d #3  
Aight u got to give me more details, I'm in the process of working out a deal with cat now on the 299d xhp an hm415.

I actually ran the Demo for about 10 minutes and watched the other operator for a good while. I was impressed ! They were running a makeshift head(Bradco) with alot of wear and vibration and the head wasn't matched to the machine per say. Wasn't Demoing it on my job, it was on a friends job who also just bought a Tackaheuchi with the Supertrak Oil cooler and an almost new Fecon head. Both were really impressive. He also owns a Bobcat T870 and stated and I quote " That 299D will cut circles around that D@$# T870 !". The operator also stated that they had tried their best to derail the tracks and had been unsuccessful so far. The only negatives in his opinion were the rear door needed to be thicker to protect the A/C condenser and the cab was somewhat smaller than the T870 like Mr Poplin stated. All in all I guess it comes down to personal preference and what your willing to take or give to be a content operator at the end of the day ! Just my opinion.:thumbsup:

/ cat 299d #4  
I will agree the cab is small in the 299d, far as the back door I was planning on building a rear bumper to hold a winch, and build a brushguard on it for the rear door. But the main concern right now is the price of the package deal the 299d xhp and cat hm415 is a whole lot of green. I can get in a brand new c100 for dang near the same price. But you get good service from cat so right now don't know wat to do. Bout flipped when the salesman called yesterday with the total.

/ cat 299d
well i guess its just me but for the price diff, cab size, entery to the cab, tracks, (now cat has put a 15 inch track on the 299d to help stop derailing, but i doint know if you can get it with 18 or 20 in tracks?) the back door, cab still not tight to keep dust out and more i will just stick with the t-870 bobcat for now.

/ cat 299d
and also the 299d and the bobcat t870 has the same engine in it. ( turn the fuel up and change cams)

/ cat 299d #7  
well i guess its just me but for the price diff, cab size, entery to the cab, tracks, (now cat has put a 15 inch track on the 299d to help stop derailing, but i doint know if you can get it with 18 or 20 in tracks?) the back door, cab still not tight to keep dust out and more i will just stick with the t-870 bobcat for now.

I got a quote sheet for a T870 from 2 years ago and it was for $115,355.60. I think that's purty much ballpark for the 299D as well. Heard to many complaints of service issues with Bobcat here in Central N C. I've had my share of machine issues, but CAT has always came through and made it right.

/ cat 299d
well ok i got my sale sheet in my file cabinet its more like 95,000 cash money. its just what you wont i guess everyone has an opinion and it your money spend it how you please. i will stick with my 870 working 6 days a week trying to stay cought up. not trying to be a smart a@@ but the 299d WILL NOT HOLD UP IN THE WOODS WHERE i WORK.

/ cat 299d #10  
well ok i got my sale sheet in my file cabinet its more like 95,000 cash money. its just what you wont i guess everyone has an opinion and it your money spend it how you please. i will stick with my 870 working 6 days a week trying to stay cought up. not trying to be a smart a@@ but the 299d WILL NOT HOLD UP IN THE WOODS WHERE i WORK.

Lol !