3-Point Hitch Cat 3/2 frame on a 110 gallon sprayer--

/ Cat 3/2 frame on a 110 gallon sprayer-- #21  
Cat 1 pins are much smaller than cat 3. This would require a sleeve pinned where the holes are or some heavy duty washers. I have never seen a cat 1 pin for a cat 3 hole that's threaded. If I have to remove the quick hitch, I'll just use another tractor. I'm trying to migrate everything to use quick hitch and I'll be more than happy to modify. The transition and fabrication isn't the issue, it's the surprise that this thing had cat 3 and 2, but not cat 1 and if that was reasonable and expected.

Go to Tractor supply and buy a cat 1 pin that has a cat 3 threaded end on it. I bought mine there.

/ Cat 3/2 frame on a 110 gallon sprayer-- #22  
I keep a stock of adapter pins but Cat 3 on a 110 gallon does seem strange. I have Cat 2 on my 300 gallon with 66 foot booms and that seems typical on the size tractor it will be used. I'm trying to understand what a person with a Cat 3 Tractor​ will spray with a 110 gallon sprayer? Like 5 minutes?

/ Cat 3/2 frame on a 110 gallon sprayer--
Go to Tractor supply and buy a cat 1 pin that has a cat 3 threaded end on it. I bought mine there.
Didn't even know they had these. In order to make it quick hitch compatible, I'm going to get the torch out after work and hopefully finish this thing tonight. I just gotta be careful not to rush to much so I don't burn a hole in hose or tank. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that things the cat 3 is odd.

/ Cat 3/2 frame on a 110 gallon sprayer-- #24  
It's odd, but it's not something that warrants a nasty email to the manufacturer. They built something a certain way, and it wasn't aimed at you. You still got a sprayer for a good price and seem capable of adapting it to suit you. All's well that ends well, I guess.

It's odd, but it's not something that warrants a nasty email to the manufacturer. They built something a certain way, and it wasn't aimed at you. You still got a sprayer for a good price and seem capable of adapting it to suit you. All's well that ends well, I guess.
I wonder how many sales they have lost due to the cat 3 setup, including word of mouth by frustrated customers. If they can't take constructive criticism, then they deserve to lose what they could have gained. It would take very simple modification for the mfg to make the frame fit cat 1-3, without any extra expense, except the initial cost of re-engineering the design. They never even responded to my email, which says a lot. I do like the sprayer and the features for the price and I am satisfied, just not satisfied enough to make a recommendation.

IMG_20170325_132719542_HDR.jpg

Mission complete.