Tires Catastrophic Rear Failure While Grading

/ Catastrophic Rear Failure While Grading #11  
Ok, time for the mandatory "that will buff right out". :)

/ Catastrophic Rear Failure While Grading
That wondrous liquid fill calcium chloride,
doesn't take much just a db here and there while checking tire pressure or adding a bit of air.
Cheapest weight but not the nicest.

CaCl is still the ballast of choice here for the DIYer. It is dirt cheap over the internet, easy to mix but have to do small batches due to heat generation. I used an old power steering pump and air ratchet to load the new tires on the 4000 and NAA. Took 3 hrs to load the 13.6x38 on the 4000 and 2 hrs to load the 12.4x28 on the NAA. 58 gal in the 4000 and 34 gal in the NAA. Total cost was $87 by mixing and loading myself versus $650 at the local dealer. Beet juice was another $150 higher.

/ Catastrophic Rear Failure While Grading #13  
^^ And what's the cost of new wheels? Hospital charges if you had gone over? Funeral costs?

/ Catastrophic Rear Failure While Grading
^^ And what's the cost of new wheels? Hospital charges if you had gone over? Funeral costs?

2 new rims for the NAA were $225 from ebay. Cannot answer the rest. Just could not afford the preferred beet juice ballast and will not run the tractors here without ballast in the rears. If the 2 new rims last another 66 years like the originals, I won't worry too much about it.