catastrophic rim failor

/ catastrophic rim failor #41  
Why do you frequently do this?

I'm a fan of actually calling things by their correct names, and Pulp Fiction :thumbsup:

You may have missed that in my original post I mentioned catastrophic failures of this kind are one of the reasons it's smart to keep your ROPS up at all times....even on flat ground, etc. I thought that was a constructive comment directly related to the situation that someone might see and take to heart.

I'm pretty sure everyone who posts here with any frequency has made comments others feel are unnecessary, but we all sort of just have to live with that on an open forum....sorry that bothers you.

/ catastrophic rim failor #42  
What I have done on larger tractors is have a machine shop lathe out a new center for the wheel and weld it in. If the machinist starts off with a flat 3/8's or 1/2 inch thick flat plate you shouldn't have any more cracking problems. The center can be cut out of the original rim and the new center welded in in such a way so as to keep the factory back spacing.

/ catastrophic rim failor #43  
Other rim is fine and in tact. Lugs are also tight as a drum with no signs of fatigue I am thinking this may have happened over three days or so.
I will check to see if the bolts were bottomed out , but I think not!

I would disagree. That is a fatigue crack and it happened over time. See how the crack edges are rusty? Those are old cracks that finally resulted in a failure.

/ catastrophic rim failor #44  
I would disagree. That is a fatigue crack and it happened over time. See how the crack edges are rusty? Those are old cracks that finally resulted in a failure.

Agreed, that crack took more than 3 days unless he runs in a salt marsh..

/ catastrophic rim failor #45  
Gmanbart: I told you I wasn't interested in any more pm .so I deleted the newest one, and the last 3.

You dont agree with me, I don't agree with you. No problem, its all good.

/ catastrophic rim failor #46  
Hi all,

I've recently had a similar problem on a Kubota B1200, also on the left front. As with the OP I noticed a wobble on the wheel in use, and again couldn't believe what I was looking at when I stopped.
IMG_20160724_194548402[1].jpg

The problem I have now is where to get a replacement (I'm in the UK, near Milton Keynes)

Roger

/ catastrophic rim failor #47  
Is it an offset dished center, or a flat center? Hard to tell from a phone screen.

/ catastrophic rim failor #49  
Looks like you were running around with a buggered up wheel for a while Roger.