Category 1 3pt hitch specifications

/ Category 1 3pt hitch specifications #11  
It's interesting. All I have ever seen published are exactly what TractorSmart has only with the cat 0 and cat 3 blanks filled in.

However, very few manufacturers follow that spec. I have implements from Midwest, Landpride, and Pronovost and none of them are within even 2" of several measurements. About the only thing in common is the lift pin and top link pin diameters.

Now, every implement that I have built (about 10 of them) conforms to the spec within 1". Although I am not a mechanical engineer, I believe that following the spec would give you maximum load and stability efficiency from the 3pt.

/ Category 1 3pt hitch specifications #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( However, very few manufacturers follow that spec. I have implements from Midwest, Landpride, and )</font>

Yep... I hit landprides site.. they had a small writeup on their quick hitch... Apparently the 'suitability' drops of fthe older' you get on the implement... I.e. they are built on the 'small' side of the spec...

When i build stuff for my 3pt.. I generally just start with a 3pt drawbar as a base template and go from there. Few things a 'mission critical' when you are working give or take an inch on the toplink connection... just make sure the geometry and range of motion works and that the toplink doesn't strike the implement at max lift.. etc.

Soundguy

/ Category 1 3pt hitch specifications #14  
Do you want to know implement specs, or quickhitch specs? Let me know, all ASAE specs are on my shelf, would take about 5 mins to look up for you.

/ Category 1 3pt hitch specifications
I guess both. Whatever you have would be great.

Thanks guys!

/ Category 1 3pt hitch specifications #16  
Sorry, I got busy and didn't get back as soon as I wanted.
Let me know if you need any clarification on the terms or what the measurements are for.

Quick hitch spec, ASAE cat I
Lower socket inside span 27.03-27.15 in
Lower socket width 1.10-1.16
Upper hook verticle spacing 14.78-14.88
Upper hook width 1.25

Three point implement spec, ASAE cat I
Lower hitch pin span 683+-1.5mm (26.89+-.059 in)
Mast height 460+- 1.5mm (18.11 +- .059in)

/ Category 1 3pt hitch specifications #17  
And a drawing for the quick hitch ASAE standard attached.

Attachments

• 738750-QuickHitch ASAE std.jpg
    738750-QuickHitch ASAE std.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 3,356