Category 2 Attachments

/ Category 2 Attachments #1  

CompactTractorFan

Tractor
Kubota BX25
Why is it there seems to be very few implements/attachments for category two hitches? (75-100hp range) After looking at attachments for CUT's and SCUT's I noticed there are very few attachments for the larger utility tractors.

/ Category 2 Attachments #2  
Most of the cat 2 stuff I have found has been at my local dealer, not on the internet.

/ Category 2 Attachments #3  
Where are you looking? Plenty of stuff out there, but obviously there are going to be more Cat. 1 things available.

/ Category 2 Attachments #4  
Depends on what ur looking for. Over half of the stuff i sell has cat 2 and im usually changing them to cat 1 for the customers.

/ Category 2 Attachments
I'm not looking for anything. I just noticed it when I was looking at attachments.

/ Category 2 Attachments #6  
I'm not looking for anything. I just noticed it when I was looking at attachments.

When I got the Cat 2 tractor the same thing was experienced. An ad was run on Craigslist in Northern CA for any Cat 2 implements for sale and there was not a single reply in three relistings. There is a lot of agriculture in the area.

Doing a search for Cat 2, Cat II, Category 2, etc. did not bring up anything.

I ended up changing the pins to Cat 2 or rebuilding the implement for use with Cat 2. Some of the equipment is used with Cat 2 bushings of course.

/ Category 2 Attachments #7  
Generally the category 2 stuff is name brand equipment, and mostly oriented towards field work or other production type work, (and of course larger tractors.) Therefore, most short-line equipment companies don't carry it.

We have a Deere 3-bottom plow, 7' Gannon box blade, 8' Deere blade, large hay tedder, and a bale spear that are all category 2. Probably some other equipment that I'm forgetting as well...

/ Category 2 Attachments #8  
A CAT 2 can handle CAT 1 stuff better than the other way around. :D

My new Bushhog brand 8' box blade came with one pin that is both CAT 1 and 2. That gives you 3 holes to align.

Thankful I got Pat's Cat 2 quick hitch it is a snap or click now. :D

/ Category 2 Attachments #9  
The number of people using Cat 2 attachments is pretty small compared to the number of people using Cat 1 attachments, so they don't get advertised as much. The market for these is not as big, so they don't sell as many. It is similar to going to a car dealership and looking for a dual wheel diesel pickup. You won't find that many because only a few people will be looking to purchase them. However you will find alot of the economy car or the standard pickup. Another factor is that this bigger equipment is fairly expensive and when you spend that kind of money most people want to buy something that will last so they will spend a little more to get something of good quality. They also don't advertised as much on the internet, because most of this equipment can't be shipped to your house anyway.

/ Category 2 Attachments #10  
Less money to build Cat1 and sell it at Tractor Supply, etc than to build Cat2 and sell it to people who might actually want an implement that is going to last behind a much larger tractor. I had a LOT of Cat1 implements that rapidly dimenished when I put them behind my Cat2 tractor. Ended up selling several of them to replace them with better equipment, rather than destroying them with the larger tractor.
David from jax