Caught thief on game cam-What now?

/ Caught thief on game cam-What now?
Talley...who sets a game cam to only shoot a pic every min??????? ...was that a mistake or are you trying to save on digital film:laughing:

Not expecting anything to happen, I had it set so I could charge the battery and check and clear the photos once every 6 months. Now, with it set on 5 seconds, I will have to do it about every 2 months. Oh well, I guess this will be better on the battery anyway.

/ Caught thief on game cam-What now? #52  
Talley the one I have at my gate I keep an extra SD card for it, just swap it out. download to the computer and your ready to go again.

/ Caught thief on game cam-What now? #53  
Wipe dog crap all over your tools. That's what I do. Thieves don't go near my stuff. I just clean my hands whenever I get poo on them

/ Caught thief on game cam-What now? #54  
I'll throw another vote for turning it over to the PD.

But I'd still mention it to the two workers. But not accusingly. Rather mention that it is missing and ask them if they witnessed anything suspicious. Also ask (mainly to carport guy) if there was any reasoned he entered the garage cause the police may dust for prints.

This gives him an open opportunity to explain why he was in there without accusing him.

Of course if he Denys entering
, you found your answer. Because while you cannot prove he took it, you can prove he was in there, and if he Denys that.....

/ Caught thief on game cam-What now? #55  
There's nothing wrong with doing a little investigation. You'll probably put more time into a minor theft then the police will. I wouldn't worry about offending anyone. If you do offend the car port guy or the handyman and they won't do any more work, just hire a new one.

He would likely just get a bigger thief. Sometimes it's best to just stick with the devil you know. :D

/ Caught thief on game cam-What now? #56  
I would start by hiring a "handyman" that is "handy". Like, has his OWN tools. My wife and I have hired various things done around the house over the years, with some returning handymen.

They showed up, ready to work, with the tools they needed. Not my tools...

I have an in-law that is a licensed handyman. He is does awesome work. When he shows up, he has all the tools he needs in his van.

The handyman goes in and out the garage for a hoe, shovel, hammer or whatever. The man installing the carport on the front of the garage over the door could have just stepped back into the garage a few feet to get out of the sun. Either one could have quickly grabbed the weedeater and thrown it in their truck.