Backhoe CB05 backhoe repair / Monoblock leaking hydraulic oil

/ CB05 backhoe repair / Monoblock leaking hydraulic oil #1  

jdurivage

Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2410
Hoping someone has some experience repairing this issue because I paid to have it fixed and the dealer didn't get the job done.

About 3 years ago I noticed my CBO5 backhoe was leaking some hydraulic oil from the area around the joysticks. I pulled the cover off saw the leak and decided to send it in to have the pros take care of it. Well they never fixed correctly, told me to bring it back, I couldn't get it back there easily, fast forward a ways and the tech/owner I dealt with sold the business and they're no longer a Massey dealer.

I'm trying to fix it myself this time around rather than go through the nonsense again. I need three posts before I can post links (I'm new to the forum) once I post a couple more times I can post the parts diagram from the agco parts book.

I pulled the joysticks and noticed that there is no seal/ gasket part number 25 under the bracket that mounts to the mono block and holds the joysticks. They said that was part of the problem last time but there is literally no gasket there again. It's my guess that the Hydraulic oil is coming out of the monoblock hot and deteriorating that gasket. I just don't see that gasket stopping the leak because it didn't the last time.

I've pulled the bracket out to monitor the mono block and it seems to be pressing/ leaking a bit of hydraulic oil around the two posts that rise up out of the mono block and rise through the bracket. I put the bracket back on this afternoon and torqued it down to see if it will still leak with the bracket tight on the block. The photo attached shows the area where the hydraulic oil is leaking but with the bracket attached.

My questions if anyone has run into this before are.

Do you think the gasket would stop that leak? If so do you think the bracket wasn't torqued down enough to create a good seal? I still don't understand why that seal would be gone on both sides.

Are there potentially bad o-rings in the block itself allowing hydraulic oil to leak? Can the block itself be serviced? I'm having a hard time making sense of that part of the diagram.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• IMG-5818.JPG
    IMG-5818.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 233
   / CB05 backhoe repair / Monoblock leaking hydraulic oil #2  
Dirt and rust pitting on the exposed area of the spool wears/scores the seal. If it wasn't repaired correctly the first time, double check the model number on the valve. Never assume anything.

Both spools leaking at the same could indicate wear on the seals, or the hydraulic oil is getting too thin.
The oil is used for lubrication, cooling, and provides the seal on the moving parts of the valve spools.
How many hours since the last hydro oil change?
What type of fluid was used?
SCUTs run hotter then other tractors, the oil used can make a big difference depending on climate and type of use.

Last edited:
   / CB05 backhoe repair / Monoblock leaking hydraulic oil #3  
I had this on my 1710. Remove the Allen screws and u will find a o rings that go around the stems. Replace them. The first time I ordered o rings from nimco. Price was crazy. They leaked a short time later. I then bought a o rings kit from local harbor freight, matched up the size and it didn't leak after that. I did both sides