CC 2042

/ CC 2042 #11  
How is your deck set when you mow, hi or low? Do you let it ride on the ground while you mow? You shouldn't if you do. Heavy ground contact can also make the belt jump. There isn't much to align for the PTO belt on the 2K series. The two nose idlers are fixed and deep sheaved, the engine PTO is fixed aside from shifting the engine around, the only other thing you can do is tighten the spring loaded PTO tensioner on the deck?!? I'm sweating the replacement belt thing now /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I'm gonna p/up a spare seeing as mine is pretty beat at ~50hrs. It's had a chunk missing out of it since about ~5hrs due to me not having it on right. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

G/luck
Joel

/ CC 2042 #12  
How is your deck set when you mow, hi or low? Do you let it ride on the ground while you mow? You shouldn't if you do. Heavy ground contact can also make the belt jump. There isn't much to align for the PTO belt on the 2K series. The two nose idlers are fixed and deep sheaved, the engine PTO is fixed aside from shifting the engine around, the only other thing you can do is tighten the spring loaded PTO tensioner on the deck?!? I'm sweating the replacement belt thing now /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I'm gonna p/up a spare seeing as mine is pretty beat at ~50hrs. It's had a chunk missing out of it since about ~5hrs due to me not having it on right. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

G/luck
Joel

/ CC 2042
I set it no lower than setting 3 and don't let it ride on the ground. When the belt came off I was on level ground...
The dealer brought it back yesterday and it seems to work fine. Maybe I jumped the gun a little w/ the Deere comment. was just a little upset at the time /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
The dealer came and picked up my tractor, let me use a loaner, (3254, I think, nice tractor if it didn't break a power steering hose) and replaced the belt under warranty with no cost to me. Didn't find anything abnormal. Thanks to the dealer response, I have a much better taste in my mouth from this experience.

/ CC 2042
I set it no lower than setting 3 and don't let it ride on the ground. When the belt came off I was on level ground...
The dealer brought it back yesterday and it seems to work fine. Maybe I jumped the gun a little w/ the Deere comment. was just a little upset at the time /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
The dealer came and picked up my tractor, let me use a loaner, (3254, I think, nice tractor if it didn't break a power steering hose) and replaced the belt under warranty with no cost to me. Didn't find anything abnormal. Thanks to the dealer response, I have a much better taste in my mouth from this experience.

/ CC 2042 #15  
Hey Gonfishin',
I sent you a PM re the sticky pedal.
Mine had the same thing when it was delivered. There was a hairpin on the pedal linkage that was hitting the underside of the footrest. I flipped the hairpin over and all is good now.
Good Luck!
-Rhoderman

/ CC 2042 #16  
Hey Gonfishin',
I sent you a PM re the sticky pedal.
Mine had the same thing when it was delivered. There was a hairpin on the pedal linkage that was hitting the underside of the footrest. I flipped the hairpin over and all is good now.
Good Luck!
-Rhoderman