CC104 or 3000 Series, Which would you restore?

/ CC104 or 3000 Series, Which would you restore?
KBEAT Know what you mean. Got the ole girl up and running, a little weld repair on the deck, some fresh paint and she looks pretty good. Seems to be cutting my green stuff pretty well and I do like the power steering, so does the wife. I'll try to get picture or two of it up in a day or so.

Found some pictures of the work on the deck, for those that are interested.
Underside of deck
CAM00052.jpg

Top of deck
CAM00057.jpg

Front edge of deck repaired and in primer
CAM00058.jpg

Some more pictures of the deck with fresh paint. Forgot to take some of the deck completely assembled, but a least I got these.

CAM00064.jpg

CAM00066.jpg

CAM00065.jpg

/ CC104 or 3000 Series, Which would you restore? #14  
Looks good, nice job on the weld repairs. I'm going to get back out this weekend and put mine to it's 1st real test, it's only cut for 20 minutes or so at a time so far. I'm also working on a 46" 2000 series deck and have done a couple 48" 2000 decks for my other tractors, this 3000 series is pretty heavy comparatively and the 48" 2000 series is no lightweight. I really like the hard rubber rollers on the 3000 series decks, they should last a while if you take care of them. You hate to get them dirty after all that work :laughing:, but it's nice to get out and use them too.

Yeah, you do hate to get 'em dirty after all the work. I kept mine in the shop a couple weeks after the rehab. But eventually it has to go to work.:thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliment on the welding, but as I said I'm no pro. Glad I only have to satisfy myself. :D I used flux core wire as the deck was a little rusty and, for me, flux core seems to work best if the metal is a little rusty. Not quite as nice a bead as with solid wire and gas, but when you're mowing no one notices. :laughing:

Here are some pictures of the finished tractor. Not the best, cell phone and cloudy, but you can get the idea.

CAM00074.jpg CAM00076.jpg

CAM00075.jpg CAM00077.jpg

/ CC104 or 3000 Series, Which would you restore? #16  
Lookin good!