CCM Hydraulic Top link won't travel in both directions

/ CCM Hydraulic Top link won't travel in both directions #1  

horsinaround

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 Kubota F3080
I just got a CCM Hydraulic top link and put it on. Plugged it into the remotes and started up. The cylinder extends, but won't retract. I swap hoses in the remote ports and then it retracts, but won't extend.
I have a Kubota L5740. Ideas? Where do I start? I guess I will call CCM in the morning.

/ CCM Hydraulic Top link won't travel in both directions #2  
Do you only have 1 remote?

/ CCM Hydraulic Top link won't travel in both directions #3  
Are you sure both remote ports are functioning? Are the QD's matched male to female for the correct styles? The fact that the cylinder will move in both directions says it is likely not defective. Is there a piloted double check valve on the toplink?

/ CCM Hydraulic Top link won't travel in both directions
Yes, there is a check valve and I only have one remote.
The QD's on the tractor are both female and on the hyd. link are both male.
How do I test the remote ports?

Last edited:
   / CCM Hydraulic Top link won't travel in both directions #5  
I recently had a customer with the same tractor as you. The male ends that I supplied did the same exact thing with the cylinders that I had supplied.:mad: He changed the male ends for some other male ends from the Kubota dealer and all is well. :thumbsup: Why the ends that I supplied weren't working I have no idea. :confused3: They work for everyone else and a big part of my sales go to Kubota owners. So, my suggestion would be for you to get some other 1/2" male AG quick disconnect ends and try them. ;)

Good luck

/ CCM Hydraulic Top link won't travel in both directions
Update... I went and got different couplers. Pioneer ball type. Put them on, and the same thing happens.
I then took the hose off the cyninder and put a coupler on each end of a single hose. I put one coupler in each remote and moved the remote lever... in one direction no grunt and I assume the oil was just flowing fine. I moved the lever in the other direction and the engine grunts and the hoses jump. So, it seems pressure is coming out both holes, but can't get back to the tractor on one.

I swithced couplers and put the other set I have back on and same thing happens...

Suggestions? Is it a bad coupler on the tractor side? bad valve on the tractor? bad coupler?

Yes, both hoses are firmly connected.

Does anyone have a hydraulic diagram for the L5740?

/ CCM Hydraulic Top link won't travel in both directions #7  
This is very strange indeed. I'm sorry that I don't have the answer for you. :ashamed: Hopefully one of TBN's hydraulic gurus will be able to help you out. One thing that you do know is that there is a problem on the return side of one of the female couplers. This may be just an exercise, but what about switching the female couplers around and see if the tractor still loads with the same lever movement, or if the loading then changes direction. If it changes, then the female coupler is bad for some reason. :confused: That is what I would try before whatever the next step needs to be.

Good luck

/ CCM Hydraulic Top link won't travel in both directions #8  
Is this a factory rear remote or aftermarket? It almost sounds like the valve has regen...