Central Texas Rock Farmer

/ Central Texas Rock Farmer #12  
I bought my backhoe used at a little more than half the price of a new one. I use it quite a bit mostly on small jobs not big enough to rent a machine. Even the bigger jobs that would require renting a machine it's nice to do it at my pace without trying to beat the clock.

/ Central Texas Rock Farmer #13  
FWIW, I have a 50ish hp kubota and a 9ft backhoe. I've also had a 18,000lb full size TLB. Both in NH. I have been very impressed with the 9' hoe but it will never compete with a full size machine or >8,000lb excavator.

I grew up in Boerne. If you are on limestone and caleche (sp?) I would not find the smaller hoe very useful. You really need an excavator and breaker IMO.

If you have some river silt or top soil then the smaller hoe will be very helpful.

/ Central Texas Rock Farmer #14  
I have a ranch in Blanco county myself. I would go check with Ewald Kubota in Marble Falls just down the road. They will get you what you need. I have an M5040 which would be great but they don't make them anymore. Unless I'm wrong I don't believe there is a Mahindra dealer close to that area? Even so I don't think I would go that route ( I did it once before). I've thought about a backhoe myself but I keep convincing myself it would be easier to rent or just hire someone versus buying another attachment.

/ Central Texas Rock Farmer #15  
FWIW, I have a 50ish hp kubota and a 9ft backhoe. I've also had a 18,000lb full size TLB. Both in NH. I have been very impressed with the 9' hoe but it will never compete with a full size machine or >8,000lb excavator.

I grew up in Boerne. If you are on limestone and caleche (sp?) I would not find the smaller hoe very useful. You really need an excavator and breaker IMO.

If you have some river silt or top soil then the smaller hoe will be very helpful.

That's what I was thinking about the backhoe. I have a lot of really large limestone rocks that I don't think a backhoe on my tractor would be able to get through.