Price Check Century Price check

/ Century Price check #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
My local Cetury dealer has a Century 2535 for sale at $10,900. The only extra on it is the duel remotes on the back. He said the price is below his price, but it's been sitting for 3 months and nobody wants to buy a tractor without a FEL. He's sold 30 Century tractors this year and all have had the FEL, this is the only one he's ever had without it. Fortunately for me, I don't want a FEL on a compact tractor.

Is this a good price?

/ Century Price check #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is this a good price? )</font>

It is probably $2-3000 under a "normal" price--especially with the remotes. If you don't need a FEL, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

SnowRidge

/ Century Price check #3  
Oops, forgot to add: Does it have the tires you want? Changing might be expensive.

SnowRidge

/ Century Price check #4  
EddieWalker
If I were you I would go for it,he is selling it quite a bit below his cost unless he had it sitting for 3 years,It doesnt make sence though considering he sold over 30 units ,why wouldnt he just put a loader on it?Something doesnt sound wright,Let us know if you buy it

/ Century Price check
The dealer said he's had it sitting for three months and nobody is interestested in a tractor without a FEL. He said he'd just oredered one for it, but will cancel the order if I buy it.

It has the R1 tires, which are just fine.

Before I buy it, I want to look at Kubota. It's really down to these two brands.

/ Century Price check #6  
You should look at the Kubota, I seriously doubt you will get a Kubota with the features of a Century for the price. Probably the L3000 is the most direct comparison. In my experience it would be between $2k - $3K more, yet lacking about 5HP and weighs much less. Keep us posted
Pacesetter

/ Century Price check #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( yet lacking about 5HP and weighs much less )</font>

That, plus lack of shuttleshift, 4 forward and 10 reverse gears, etc., etc., /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Mark

/ Century Price check #8  
By all means look at the Kubota. Once your jaw recovers, you'll buy the Century. The tractors might be 2-3k different, but once you add all the implements (assuming you buy Kubota implements) and extra features the Century comes with standard, the difference, at least in my area, was more like 4-5K.

/ Century Price check #9  
<font color="blue">...why wouldnt he just put a loader on it?... </font>

I agree... what's the difficulty of installing a loader? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Century Price check #10  
Gee,never knew it was that hard to get a loader and install it on a tractor?

If he's only had it 3 months why is he giving you such a great deal on it?

How many hours are on it? Is it a demo? Or is it realy a used one someone brought back for a bigger model?

Does it have full warranty?

If in doubt get the serial number and call Am Jawa and see if it has an In-service date for it yet.