Century ROPS and Seatbelt

/ Century ROPS and Seatbelt #1  

Anonymous Poster

Any one else dislike the ROPS? My problem is the thing hitting things overhead like tree limbs and causing said limbs to hit me. Anyone converted it to a folding ROPS? Anyone wear their seat belt while using tractor? I have not yet.

/ Century ROPS and Seatbelt #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Anyone wear their seat belt while using tractor?)</font>

Practically every time. The ROPS is just one more thing to crush you if you are not buckled in. The seatbelt keeps you in the safety zone.

Out of genuine concern for you, I recommend you read the safety forum and look at the pictures of those tractors that rolled. When the person dies, it is usually from lack of ROPS or lack of seatbelt. When he lives and is uninjured, he usually wore his belt and had a ROPS.

Mark

/ Century ROPS and Seatbelt #3  
My ROPS is slowly but surely trimming the trees where I mow. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I always wear my seatbelt, just like in my car. The rule I learned was - "If you don't have a ROPS, don't wear your seatbelt so that can jump for your life if you start to roll. If you have a ROPS, always wear your seatbelt, because the ROPS can kill you if you don't".

/ Century ROPS and Seatbelt #4  
My rops is up and my seatbelt is on--at all times. I've read enough here on tbynet to know that you are not safe without a rops. Of course if for some reason you HAVE to have the rops down, I think not wearing the seatbelt makes sense.

/ Century ROPS and Seatbelt
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Anyone wear their seat belt while using tractor? I have not yet. )</font>

On any slope, rough ground, hidden ground, or using any implement--always.

Moving it out of the shop to get it out of the way for a moment--no.

Haven't had a problem with the ROPS hitting anything....yet.

SnowRidge

Well...I had the ROPS catch a large(I am talking 6 t0 6 inch diameter) dead limb which broke off and came down on me and the Century plastic tool box. Fortunately I survived ok but the tool box was shattered. I now do not have a ROPS on my tractor or a tool box.

/ Century ROPS and Seatbelt #7  
I thought a folding ROPS was standard on all new Centurys and Bransons - NO /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Pacesetter

/ Century ROPS and Seatbelt #8  
Pacesetter300
It does, but you have to remove a bolt (both sides) to fold it. You could probably replace one bolt each side with a grade 8 pin. I do not think the mfg will endorse it though. Hope that helps
Chipperman

/ Century ROPS and Seatbelt #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I now do not have a ROPS on my tractor or a tool box.)</font>

Redone,
Sometimes a ROPS can be a pain, but for my wife and kids, I will <font color="red">never never</font> take mine off.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Pacesetter300
It does, but you have to remove a bolt (both sides) to fold it. You could probably replace one bolt each side with a grade 8 pin. I do not think the mfg will endorse it though. Hope that helps
Chipperman )</font>

Ok! This is what I was looking for. What is a grade 8 pin? Where does one get one? I figure I will ask for one at dealer or farm store and be met with...these are the tractor pins we have. Also it looks like it would be helpful to exchange the nut and lockwasher on the pivot bolts for self locking nuts and flat washer so that the folding could be done without tools. A little polishing the pivot areas and grease will help too. I also assume this would not be approved by Century. Looks like they had this planned but did not impliment it.